An Easy Baked Chicken with Brussels Sprouts recipe that is loaded with flavor from the garlic, lemon, Dijon marinade and the crispy bacon. Quick dinner to please your whole family!
Fall is right around the corner, which makes me want to light up a candle, wrap myself with a soft blanket and, curl up on the sofa with a good book to read (people are talking a lot about this book. Have you read it?) and relax.
All right, maybe I don’t have time to cozy up on the couch with a soft blanket, a warm cup of tea or hot chocolate… And read the great new book, because I’m a mom of a super cute, but very energetic toddler who just wants to run around all the day long (just to be clear I’m not complaining since I love that my son has all this energy and it’s perfectly healthy). But I’m lucky that I have time to make delicious and comforting fall recipes just like this Baked Chicken with Brussels sprouts that made my home smells so good.
This recipe is the perfect weeknight meal for the whole family because it’s super easy to make and it’s loaded with flavor from the lemon, garlic and Dijon marinade and the super crispy bacon. It’s also very nutritious made with organic chicken thighs, which is a good quality of protein and vitamins and nutrients from the Brussels sprouts. The Baked Chicken with Brussels sprouts recipe is also low-carb, paleo and Whole30 friendly (if you use a sugar-free bacon) and you can serve it on its own or with some delicious cauliflower rice (or regular rice) and mashed cauliflower (or regular mashed potatoes). Yum!
We always have Brussels sprouts on hand as it’s one of my go-to vegetables. If you don’t believe me, check out my Parmesan Brussels Sprouts Salad, Brussels Sprouts Casserole Recipe (Web Story), Sausage with Brussels Sprouts Skillet, and Roasted Brussels Sprouts Quinoa Salad! My blog is filled with Brussels sprouts recipe that I make regularly.
How to make Lemon, Garlic, Dijon Marinade for This Baked Chicken with Brussels Sprouts:
This recipe is very flavorful thanks to the lemon, garlic and Dijon marinade and for this reason this is a very important step to this recipe.
For the marinade you’ll need a large glass bowl where you’ll add 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley, 2 garlic cloves (very well minced), 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard, ¼ teaspoon onion powder, 2 tablespoon light olive oil, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
Then, blend with a whisk everything until all the ingredients are well incorporated. Finally, place the chicken thighs in the bowl, cover it with a plastic wrap and place it the fridge for 30 minutes or overnight.
How long to Marinate Chicken:
If you want to make this Baked Chicken with Brussels Sprouts very fast, you can marinate chicken for about 30 minutes in the fridge. But, if you have a little bit of time, you can marinate chicken overnight, which will give this recipe even more flavor. Also, you can marinate it for 2 hours in the fridge and then it’s ready to cook.
How to clean Brussel sprouts:
It’s very important that you clean the Brussel sprouts before you cook with it and here is how you should do it.
- First, rinse them off in cold water to remove any dust or dirt they may come with.
- Second, take off the tip of the stem and discard it. During this process some leaves may fall off. If the leaves are good you can save them for the recipe. If not, just discard them too.
- Third, using a cutting board and a sharp small knife, cut each Brussel sprout in half from top to bottom.
- Now they are ready to be used in the recipe.
Hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy it 😉
More One-pan Chicken Recipes to Try:
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Sweet Potato: Healthy, yummy and all is done in a slow cooker. Place all the ingredients in there and forget about!
- Spicy Chicken Meal-Prep Bowls: Perfect recipe for your Sunday meal-prep ideas. Super easy to make and it’s low-carb.
- Low-carb Chicken Zucchini Enchilada: Have you tried “zucchini tortillas” before? NO! Are you kidding me? Please, you have to try it. It’s amazing!
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast: This is one of my readers favourite chicken recipes. It’s stuffed with mozzarella cheese and asparagus.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
- 6 chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard or French's Yellow if you're doing Whole30
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste the chicken
- 6 bacon strips (chopped)
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts (clean and cut in half)
- Salt and pepper to taste the Brussels sprouts
- In a large glass bowl, add the chicken and all the ingredients (except the bacon and the brussels sprouts) and stir everything well. Cover the bowl with a beeswax food wrap (this is better for the environment than plastic wrap) and place the chicken in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes (minimum) or overnight.
- Preheat the oven at 400F.
- In a large skillet or baking sheet, add the chicken and the Brussels sprouts. Place in a way that they are in a single layer.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes of until the chicken get the internal temperature of 165F.
- While the chicken is in the oven, cook the bacon in a skillet for about 7-10 minutes or until they are nice and crispy. Once the chicken and Brussels sprout are done, remove from the oven and top with chopped bacon.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like this Easy Baked Chicken with Brussels Sprouts recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.