I called this recipe ”Gluten-free Mug Cake On-the-Go” because you can make it in your mason jar or even in a small microwave-safe container that has a lid and bring easily to work or school. This is very convenient, healthy and delicious snack to have during your busy week!
Yesterday I had my eyes fixed to the TV to watch the Final Women’s Gymnastics in Rio. I was dying to see the American Simone Biles doing her presentation because I’m a HUGE fan of her. Oh God… What is that woman??! Someone can pleeeeease explain to me how she can do all that?! She is AMAZING! Did you guys see her presentation yesterday? Biles has won the past three all-around competitions at the world championships. And yesterday she did again. She got the highest score of this Olympics and got her well-deserved golden metal. All Brazilian TV channels were just talking about her and saying that Biles is the greatest gymnast in the sport’s history. How awesome is that?! I can’t image how proud Americans must be right now! In my option, she is like the new Michael Phelps. I have to say that USA is a machine that creates good athletes. You guys are awesome 😉 !!
So, what is also amazing is this Gluten-free Mug Cake On-the-Go. This is the third mug cake recipe of the week (this Gluten-free Dulce de Leche Mug Cake and Gluten-free Chocolate Mug Cake are the other two) and as you can see it is also gluten-free because it is made with oatmeal flour and banana. This recipe is very moist because of the banana and Greek yogurt. It is healthy too since you don’t have flour, butter or oil in there. It requires a little time to prepare and it needs only 3 minutes to be ready in the microwave.
This is definitely a delicious and nutritious snack you can make for your kids or yourself to bring to work. This is a great snack option to have at home watching the Olympic games (you just need to pour the cake mixture into two mugs or you can do like I did. I poured half of the cake mixture into a mug and the other half I poured into a container with a lid, making this an easy, flavorful and healthy snack to have on-the-go. This way you can bring this cake with you easily. It’s very convenient, right? You can find more mug cakes like this one in this Top 8 Gluten-Free Mug Cake Recipes post!
So, I think I don’t need to say anything else to convince you to make this tasty cake today. Please try it and let me know how it turns out. Enjoy!
- In a microwave-safe mug or a small bowl or even a small plastic container add rolled oats and baking powder. Stir until well combined.
- Then add in coconut sugar, mashed banana, Greek yogurt, egg, almond milk and mixing well until combined.
- Pour the mixture into two medium mugs or into a microwave-safe container.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, if desired.
- Place the mug in a microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes. This time will depend on the microwave power and how thick is your mug.
- Wait 2 minutes to cool down the mug and enjoy!
- Always double check that your baking powder has not expired as it'll affect the taste and rise of the mug cake.
- Feel free to use any types of chocolate chips such as white chocolate, milk chocolate, caramel, and more!
- If you're not sure if the mug cake is done, insert a toothpick into the center to see if it comes out with just a few moist crumbs stuck
- To store: this mug cake is best eaten immediately while still warm. If you must store it for later, keep it wrapped in the fridge for up to a day.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
I would love to see your version. And if you like this Gluten-free Mug Cake On-the-Go recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Mug Cake Recipes!