Are you looking for back-to-school healthy snacks? You just found one. This Gluten-free Chocolate Mug Cake is not only delicious but also dairy-free and only takes 3 minutes in the microwave to be ready!
This week is going to be a little different here on the blog because I’ll be sharing three mug cake recipes and one recipe roundup with the best mug cake recipes around the web. So, for the first time on Primavera Kitchen, we’ll have four posts in one week. Isn’t that awesome?! I’m very excited and I hope you are too.
I decided to post all these recipes because lately, I’ve been receiving emails from my subscribers asking me for more on-the-go healthy snack options that are easy to make, gluten-free, low-carb, and of course, flavorful. Many of my readers are parents looking for quick and easy lunch and/or snack recipes for their children since vacation is almost over. Some of my readers said they are trying to control the size of their meals because they need to lose some weight. So, I thought mug cakes would be perfect snack idea because they have everything you asked for.
This is also a delicious snack to have in front of the TV watching the Rio Olympics, don’t you think? By the way, have you watched any game yet? I’m in Brazil right now and people here are very excited about this event. We all loved the opening ceremony and now it’s time to cheer for our favorite teams.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
The first mug cake I’m sharing this week is this delicious Gluten-free Chocolate Mug Cake that is made with coconut flour (you can order it on Amazon or find it at any healthy natural store), coconut oil, and almond milk, making this a dairy-free mug cake. I can guarantee you this Gluten-free Chocolate Mug Cake tastes insanely delicious and you will enjoy it during your busy day at school, college, or work. It only requires few ingredients, 5 minutes to prepare, and 3 minutes in the microwave. Isn’t that the perfect snack for you? I bet it is. Enjoy!
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, and sugar for about 3 minutes.
- Then add the coconut flour, baking powder, cacao powder, and vanilla extract. Stir well until combined.
- Pour the mixture into two mediums mugs or microwave safe containers.
- Microwave for 3-5 minutes, depending on the power of your microwave and the thickness of the mug.
- Allow them to cool down for 2 minutes before serving.
- Always double check that your baking powder has not expired as it'll affect the taste and rise of the mug cake.
- If you do not have a microwave safe mug, use a ramekin.
- Feel free to add some chocolate chips or chunks to the batter for more chocolatey goodness.
- To store: this chocolate mug cake is best eaten immediately while still warm. If you must store it for later, keep it wrapped in the fridge for up to a day.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
And if you like this Gluten-free Chocolate Mug Cake recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Mug Cake Recipes!