As I sit down to write this post, my mom and our boy Tomtom (Thomas) are playing outside on the patio. We have a small plastic pool, and they’re enjoying the beautiful day. It’s sunny, the sky is blue, and the weather is perfect.
My living room has a large sliding door, so I can see them easily from here. My heart is full of love right now. I love when these two are together having fun. Since my mom lives in another country, moments like this are rare. By rare, I mean only twice a year.
I have to say it’s a very hard situation, but at the same time, we value these moments more because we don’t see each other every day or every week.
This skillet is good for a quick and light dinner, but it’s also wonderful as leftovers for lunch. It lasts well for up to 5 days in the fridge. You can make this Ground Beef Veggie Skillet ahead of time and take to work. Also, you can serve it with cauliflower “rice” and roasted veggies. But if you’re not on a low-carb diet, you can serve this recipe with fluffy rice, quinoa, or even pasta. Enjoy!
See Below for how to make this Ground Beef Veggie Skillet Recipe:
Ground Beef Veggie Skillet Recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound grass-fed extra-lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- ½ cup onions - diced
- ½ cup red bell peppers - diced
- 1 medium zucchini - quartered
- ½ pound asparagus - cut into three segments each
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup tomato passata - or tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper - optional
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese - crumbled, for garnishing
- fresh parsley - chopped, for garnishing
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef and garlic. Use a wooden spoon to break up the ground beef while it cooks. Stir occasionally, and cook for about 7 minutes until no longer pink. Remove the meat from the skillet, and set aside.
- Add the onions and red bell peppers to the same skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the onions are soft. If it is necessary, add a little bit of olive oil to help sauté the veggies.
- Add the zucchini and asparagus, and cook for 3-5 minutes. It depends on how tender you prefer your veggies.
- Return the ground beef to the skillet, and mix everything together.
- Add the Dijon, tomato passata, oregano, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and feta cheese.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
And if you like this Ground Beef Veggie Skillet recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter, and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipe updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.