Super crispy Roasted Parmesan Green Beans, topped with dried cranberries, walnuts and shredded parmesan cheese. This is definitely the easiest recipe to make a delicious and flavourful veggie side dish!
I was planning to make an easy and very quick veggie side dish to eat with my quick and easy broiled salmon recipe for dinner and theese crispy roasted green beans, garlic parmesan cauliflower rice recipe, parmesan lemon asparagus skillet and roasted green beans with garlic panko recipes crossed my mind. But, since I was craving to eat something a little sweet but at the same time salty I thought I could create a green beans recipe with parmesan cheese and cranberries. At first I didn’t think it was going to taste good. However, the combination of sweet and salty flavors was just right.
For this recipe, the most important step is to place your jellyroll pan in the oven for 10 minutes before you add the seasoned green beans. Why? Because you will avoid having soggy roasted green beans. This is the secret to make these green beans very crispy and also flavorful. I have a great photo tutorial about how to make crispy green beans that you can check out. Meanwhile, you can season your green beans and when the jellyroll pan is ready, you just place the seasoning green beans and bake for about 10 minutes. When it is done baking just place cranberries and walnuts to sweeten the flavor and add extra crunchy texture. Notice that I added a little bit of salt in this recipe, but I ask you to not use a lot, because the parmesan cheese is already salty. If you are trying to reduce the amount of salt on your diet, I suggest you don’t add salt and use only parmesan cheese. In the mood for more beans? Try this Quick Easy Bean Salad!
This is definitely a delicious veggie side dish that goes along not only with salmon, but with chicken and meat too. Try this Sweet Potato Green Beans Shrimp Skillet or Ground Beef Veggie Skillet Recipe! You also can have it with rice or quinoa salads for a vegetarian option. Enjoy!
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place a jellyroll pan in oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim off the tough end of the beans.
- In a medium bowl, place green beans, olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Mix well everything together.
- Arrange green bean mixture in a single layer on preheated baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top of the beans.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- When it is time to serve, you just need to transfer the roasted green beans to a serving dish and top with cranberries and chopped walnut.
- You can quickly trim the green beans by lining them up on a cutting board and cutting the tops and bottoms off all together.
- Careful to place them in a single layer as the beans can steam if they're stacked.
- Always wash the beans beforehand and pat them dry with a paper towel so the oil and seasoning will stick better to them.
- To store: You can store roasted parmesan green beans in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To reheat: Reheat the green beans in the microwave, oven, or stovetop.
- To freeze: You can freeze cooked green beans in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like Roasted Parmesan Green Beans recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Green Beans Recipes!