Super crispy Roasted Parmesan Green Beans, topped with dried cranberries, walnuts and shredded parmesan cheese. This is definitely the easiest recipe to make a delicious and flavourful veggie side dish!
These days I was planning to make an easy and very quick veggie side dish to eat with my quick and easy broiled salmon recipe for dinner and the only two recipes that crossed my mind was my crispy roasted green beans and roasted green beans with garlic panko. But, since I was craving to eat something a little sweet but at the same time salty I thought I could create a green beans recipe with parmesan cheese and cranberries. At first I didn’t think it was going to taste good. However, the combination of sweet and salty flavors was just right.For this recipe the most important step is to place your jellyroll pan in the oven for 10 minutes before you add the seasoned green beans. Why? Because you will avoid having soggy roasted green beans. This is the secret to make these green beans very crispy and also flavorful. I have a great photo tutorial about how to make crispy green beans that you can check out. Meanwhile, you can season your green beans and when the jellyroll pan is ready, you just place the seasoning green beans and bake for about 10 minutes. When it is done baking just place cranberries and walnuts to sweeten the flavor and add extra crunchy texture. Notice that I added a little bit of salt in this recipe, but I ask you to not use a lot, because the parmesan cheese is already salty. If you are trying to reduce the amount of salt on your diet I suggest you don’t add salt and use only parmesan cheese.This is definitely a delicious veggie side dish that goes along not only with salmon, but with chicken and meat too. You also can have it with rice or quinoa salads for a vegetarian option. Enjoy!
Roasted Parmesan Green Beans
- 2 pounds green beans — trimmed
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- 2 tbsp chopped walnut
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place a jellyroll pan in oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim off the tough end of the beans.
- In a medium bowl, place green beans, olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Mix well everything together.
- Arrange green bean mixture in a single layer on preheated baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top of the beans.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- When it is time to serve, you just need to transfer the roasted green beans to a serving dish and top with cranberries and chopped walnut.
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like Roasted Parmesan Green Beans recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Green Beans Recipes!