This photo tutorial will show you how to make fluffy rice. You’ll see making fluffy, delicious rice is easier than you think.
Rice is a very important part of my diet. I have eaten rice since I was a little kid since rice is a very important part of the Brazilian cuisine. Down there, they eat rice at least one time a day, especially at lunchtime. Many people also like to eat it for dinner too. So, you can imagine how much I love rice. My husband doesn’t like rice as much as I do (he isn’t Brazilian, he is French-Canadian) but I still try to make rice at least one time a week. The other days we eat couscous salad or quinoa.
Rice is great because very versatile. You can make lots of different recipes with it such as tabbouleh rice, all kinds of salad, one-meal skillet, casseroles, and even puddings. This Rice with Mushrooms and Asparagus is a favourite. This gluten-free grain tastes very good if you know how to cook correctly. Otherwise, it can mushy and soggy. But for a different type of rice, you will cook it with different amounts of water. I made this list below to help you.
Rice cooking list
- Long-grain white rice—1 cup rice to 2 cups water
- Jasmine rice—1 cup rice to 2 cups water
- Black rice—1 cup rice to 2 cups water
- Red rice—1 cup rice to 1 3/4 cups water
- Brown rice —1 cup rice to 2 1/2 cups water
- Wild rice—1 cup rice to 4 cups water
As for the liquid, you can use broth or water, but for the sake of simplicity, I prefer cooking my rice in water. I really hope this post is helpful for you guys.
Thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my healthy recipe posts? Follow my Primavera Kitchen Board on Pinterest!!! I also have an awesome Healthy Fall Recipes and Healthy Dinner Pinterest Boards.
How to make fluffy rice
- In a pan, bring 1 ¾ cup of water to a boil.
- In another pan, combine olive oil, garlic, and rice. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Pour the boiled water into the rice mixture.
- Add salt and saffron powder.
- Reduce heat to medium/low. Cover and simmer until tender and all the liquids are absorbed (about 15-20 minutes).
- After cooking, just let the rice rest for a total of five minutes.
- Remove the cover, fluff and separate the grains with a fork.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
If you like this tutorial about How to make fluffy rice, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
Taste more rice recipe from Primavera Kitchen!
This Shrimp Fried Rice with Broccoli is a healthier option for when you’re craving takeout.
Delicious vegan side dish – Rice with Roasted Butternut Squash and Dried Cranberries
Save your time this cooking easy and tasty Rice with Balsamic Onions and Shrimp.