This easy-to-make Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussel Sprouts recipe is a delicious side dish made with lemon, Parmesan cheese, extra virgin olive oil, and lots of garlic.
It’s about 11:30 pm, and I am sitting at my computer writing this post for you guys. Why SO late? Because I am watching my baby boy playing in his crib while I work. Today, I tried everything to make him sleep for about two hours in his crib but had no success. He is such a good baby and smiles at everyone. He almost never cries, but he is a terrible sleeper. He only sleeps for long stretches in his stroller. The minute we put him in there he sleeps for 2 or 3 hours.
Unfortunately, he doesn’t feel the same way about his crib. He totally hates it. Well… This is not totally true because he loves to watch the mobile in his crib. However, he doesn’t like to sleep there. Actually, he sleeps in his crib for about 40 minutes and then wakes up. Because of this, I am still not sleeping very well and am very tired. It has been a long time since I’ve had a good night’s sleep, and I don’t think I will anytime soon. I know this is part of being a mom and that it will get better. And of course, everything is worth it when my little beautiful boy smiles at me. Oh boy… My heart melts. Now, he is starting to laugh, and let me tell you, it is very gratifying to hear your child laughing. It’s the best feeling ever!!
But why am I talking about feeling tired in this post? Because when you feel tired, you just want to cook easy recipes like this Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussel Sprouts recipe, right? I guess you all agree with me that we don’t want/like to spend hours in the kitchen during our little extra free time. So, for the past three months, I’ve been cooking very easy meals.
Our weeknight dinners have been us eating roasted/baked/grilled chicken or fish with some veggies. It doesn’t get easier than that. Agreed? So, because my husband loves Brussel sprouts (and I learned to like them because of him), we always buy them and roast them with a good amount of olive oil and lots, lots, lots of Parmesan cheese. It takes this Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussel Sprouts recipe to another level. I also love to roast any green veggie with lemon juice. Mm… A yummy, easy, and quick recipe. It’s definitely a winning side dish!
This Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussel Sprouts recipe was first published on May 24th, 2016, but this second part was updated on August 02, 2018 with new pictures and more information about the recipe.
Do I need to wash Brussel sprouts?
Yes, you need to wash Brussel sprouts because many times they come full of dust or dirt. To clean them, rinse them in cold water for 30 seconds or until they are completely clean.
How long do you roast Brussel sprouts?
It depends on the size of your Brussel sprouts and the power of your oven. But roughly, if you roast Brussel sprouts in the oven at 400°F, you will bake them for 20-30 minutes. They are ready to eat when the Brussel sprouts are lightly charred, toasted on the bottom, crisp on the outside, and tender on the inside. Also, it’s very possible that the leaves that are loose will be very brown and crispy.
How do you prepare Brussel sprouts for roasting?
- First, rinse the Brussel sprouts in cold water.
- Using a sharp knife, trim or cut off the tough brown ends of the Brussel sprouts, and discard them.
- Pull off any outer leaves that are yellow. If some green leaves happen to fall off, save them to roast with the Brussel sprouts.
- Cut each sprout in half lengthwise.
- Add the sprouts to a bowl and season them with extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Toss them really well, and place them on your baking sheet. Now, the Brussel sprouts are ready to roast.
3 quick tips to make the perfect Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussel Sprouts:
- Preheat your oven before adding the Brussel sprouts. It helps them become crispy.
- Don’t be afraid to use lots of olive oil. It will make them more flavourful and less dry.
- Place them in one single layer on the baking sheet with the cut-side-down. This step is important to avoid them becoming soggy.
For this recipe, the only work you have is to clean and cut the Brussel sprouts. This recipe is done in a few minutes and tastes delicious! It goes really well with roasted chicken or a delicious fish recipe and some fluffy rice. Enjoy!
More Brussel sprouts recipes to try:
See below for how to make Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussel Sprouts:
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a large bowl, add the Brussel sprouts, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Mix everything to combine well.
- Spread the Brussel sprouts mixture onto a baking sheet in an even layer with the cut-side-down.
- Don’t forget to toss them once halfway through baking.
- Bake them for about 25 minutes or until the Brussel sprouts are golden brown on the edges.
- Before serving, top with Parmesan cheese.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
If you like this Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussel Sprouts recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter, and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipe updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.