These flourless Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are healthier, gluten free, crisp on the outside, soft inside, delicious and super easy to make! This is my favourite cookies for fall.
I would like to start this post by apologizing for being a little bit absent on my blog recently. These past two weeks I’ve been having severe lower back pain and because of this I took a break from work to try to get better. I’ve been doing lots of exercises to treat this pain and that’s why I’ve been doing better these days. I am now doing yoga 7 days of the week and swimming too, which has been very helpful. I know it is normal to have lower back pain during pregnancy, but since I’ve already had serious problems with my back before (one day I’ll write a post talking more about this problem that I have in my spine) the lower back pain during my pregnancy has been very aggressive. I am still exercising every day and as a result I got better quickly.
I am doing well and my baby is growing healthy every day. I didn’t share with you yet, but we did the ultrasound for the 20 weeks and of course we asked to know the gender of the baby. I was dying to know but as I said before I knew I was going to have a baby boy and I was right. We are expecting a little baby boy and I couldn’t be happier. I always wanted to have a boy and now I will be into the world of monsters, superheroes, dinosaurs and cars hahahha… So awesome! I can’t wait to have my baby in my arms. I am more and more exciting everyday. I already can feel him moving and it is the most wonderful and weird feeling you can have. We are also preparing his little nursery. I am so lucky that my husband is such a handyman and knows how to do everything. In a couple weeks we are going to paint the room and after that start to decorate. How exciting!! That is the best part.
Talking about best part, I have to say that these cookies are the best fall cookies I’ve ever made. I have to be honest though I am not a huge fan of pumpkin. I know I must have some kind of palate problem. I mean who doesn’t like pumpkins?!! And it is also weird because my family loves pumpkins especially my mom who can eat it even for breakfast (I am not even kidding… hahahahah). You should try these 8 Pumpkin Sauces You Need to Make This Fall!
But since all my food bloggers friends are baking fall recipes they all inspired me to make these cookies. I was surprised how they are tasty, light, crispy from the outside and very soft inside. Since I love crunchy cookies I always bake my cookies a little bit more approximately 10 minutes instead of 8 minutes. But if you like them chewier you should bake them for only 8 minutes.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
As I am crazy for dark chocolate I put lots of chocolate chips in there, which made these pumpkin cookies even better. I didn’t feel guilty eating them because actually they are healthier than other recipes since they don’t have contain any butter, oil or flour. It is gluten free and delicious!!! If you’re looking for more delicious recipes similar to these cookies, try my Low-Carb Flourless Chocolate Cake, Flourless Chocolate Chip Brownies, and Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies!
Hope you enjoy them this fall! Please try it and let me know how they turn out 😉
Flourless Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup oat flour oats that have been blended
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, stir together the pumpkin, honey, egg, and vanilla extract. Add brown sugar and beat well to combine all the ingredients.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt, and oat flour.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Put the dough for 30 minutes in the fridge and then preheat the oven to 350F.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the batter onto the tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Press down gently with your fingers to flatten slightly.
- Top each with a few additional chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let them cool completely to remove from the baking sheet, otherwise the cookies may break apart.
- Recipe adapted from Chelsea’s Messy Apron.
- Canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie filling are different as pumpkin pie filling is seasoned with spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and sugar.
- Use a cookie scoop for perfectly even cookies.
- You can save a few chocolate chips to press on top of the cookies before you bake them.
- To store: Store the chocolate chip cookies for up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- To freeze: After baking, flash freeze the cookies before transferring them to a freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like Flourless Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates like this Sweet Potato Tuna Patties Recipe! As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Pumpkin Cookies!
Pumpkin Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Leave a Comment