Ready to bake some healthy, flourless and gluten-free Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies? This recipe is so easy to make, deliciously comforting and also irresistible!
Do you guys remember when I was talking about how peanut butter is now getting popular in Brazil? I also said that since I am here in Brazil I’ve been baking some traditional North American recipes for my family and they are enjoying every single one. So, they loved so much all the cookie recipes that they asked me to make more. And I of course said a big YES because I love cookies. Who doest love them!? Especially when the cookies are delicious and healthy! Don’t you believe these two words (delicious and healthy) can be part of the same sentence? Oh, Yeah they can! Believe me!!
These cookies are healthy because they are made with oatmeal, almond butter and 70% cacao chocolate chunks. Oatmeal is rich in fiber, calcium and potassium. Almond butter is also rich in fiber and vitamin E, calcium, magnesium and potassium. So, as you can see these cookies are loaded with good quality nutrients, making them an excellent option for a snack in the afternoon. Who doesn’t love these quick and easy to make cookies? You’ll take only 10 minutes to prepare and 12 minutes to bake them.
These cookies are crispy from the outside, but very chewy and soft inside, not very sweet and probably much more flavourful than any type of cookie you buy at the store or bakery. They are also gluten-free and I am sure you will eat them without feeling guilty. I definitely think you should give this recipe a try and have fun make them!
Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate 70% cocoa — chunks
- 1/2 chopped raw almond — chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In medium bowl add the oats and baking soda and mix well; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk almond butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla for about 5 minutes or so.
- Add in the oats and baking soda mixture and mix everything together.
- When all the ingredients are combined, add the chocolate chunks and chopped almonds.
- Place a silicone mat or parchment paper on a tray.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the batter onto the tray 2 inches apart.
- Then flatten the top of the cookie with two fingers.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes and let them cool completely to remove from the baking sheet, otherwise the cookies may break apart.
- The cookies may look a little underdone, but they will continue to cook once you remove them from the oven.
- Makes 16-20 cookies.
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
Please, if you recreate this recipe, please take a picture and hash tag #primaverakitchen on Instagram! I would love to see your version. And if you like this Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Gluten-free Cookie Recipes!