These Paleo, gluten and dairy-free Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies are so delicious and soft. The perfect little treats for anyone with dietary restrictions or are looking for a healthier chocolate chip cookie!
Made with nine simple ingredients, these coconut flour chocolate chip cookies are such a delicious little treat! They’re so simple to make and are perfect if you have a child who tells you last minute about a bake sale or a class party. These cookies don’t require any specialized baking equipment, no fancy ingredients, and are made in less than 30 minutes. A lot of chocolate chip cookies require chilling the dough before baking but not this one, making it a great last minute dessert!
And since these coconut flour chocolate chip cookies don’t require any fancy mixers, you can pass your little one a bowl and spoon and have them mix your ingredients for you! I love bringing my son into the kitchen with me and this is one of those recipes that he’s able to help with!
So what is coconut flour? Coconut flour is a healthier alternative to flour as it is high in fibre and protein. Since coconut flour is grain free, making it naturally gluten free and paleo. They also give the cookies a nice cake-like texture to them, making them nice and chewy! These cookies also don’t use any dairy product (substitute coconut oil instead of melted butter) in it so it is great accommodating dessert. Coconut flour is also a more budget friendly gluten-free product. Almond flour can be on the pricer side so when making a lot of gluten-free treats, coconut flour can save you some money!
How to Make this Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coconut flour
- Baking soda
- Sea salt
- Coconut flakes
- Melted butter or coconut oil
- Maple syrup — or honey if you prefer.
- Vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate chips — more for topping
Heat the Oven and Prepare your Sheet Pans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
Combine Your Dry Ingredients and Wet Ingredients Separately
- In a large bowl, toss together coconut flour, baking soda, coconut flakes and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add eggs, butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix well until everything is combined.
Combine your Ingredients and Portion Them Out
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl. Mix everything together. Add the chocolate chips and fold in the dough.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the batter onto the tray 2 inches apart.
- Flatten the cookies with your fingers and top with a few more chocolate chips.
Bake The Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies and Enjoy!
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips and Notes
- Chocolate chips can be swapped for any types of chips (such as butterscotch, white chocolate, etc) to change things up!
- The coconut flour cannot be substituted in this recipe and I don’t suggest substituting any other ingredients not listed as coconut flour can be finicky.
- I always recommend using pure vanilla extract and not artificial vanilla extract as I find that it tastes best.
- To fancy up these coconut flour chocolate chip cookies, I like to drizzle some chocolate on top like in the photos. You don’t have to do that if you don’t want to but I find it just looks a tad prettier.
Storing and Making Ahead Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Store all coconut flour chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container or ziploc bag. It can remain at room temperature for a week but it’ll probably all be ended before then!
- If you want to make this ahead of time, you can freeze the cookies after they’ve been baked or you can freeze your cookie dough raw. Thaw roll into balls and bake or freeze them after rolling them into balls and then you can bake it straight from frozen.
More Desserts You Might Like
- Sugar-free Nutella Thumbprint Cookies
- Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies
- Cranberry Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten-free Chocolate Beet Cake
- Low-carb Cranberry Thumbprint Cookies
- Low-Carb Almond Butter Chocolate Truffles
- Low-Carb Peanut Butter Cookies
- Gluten-free Peppermint Brownies
Gluten-free Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
In a large bowl, toss together coconut flour, baking soda, coconut flakes and salt. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, add eggs, butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix well until everything is combined.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl. Mix everything together. Add the chocolate chips and fold in the dough.
Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the batter onto the tray 2 inches apart.
Flatten the cookies with your fingers and top with a few more chocolate chips.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/20) — Calories: 100, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 16mg, Sodium: 37mg, Potassium: 15mg, Carbohydrates: 6g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 1g
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!