An easy appetizer, this Baked Brie with Cranberries is perfect for any cheese lover. Made with only a few simple ingredients and in 15 minutes, this baked brie comes together so quickly and easily! Perfect for holiday entertaining or when you have guests over.
You will be obsessed with this easy, 15-minute baked brie. This festive appetizer is filled and topped with a cranberry orange sauce, pecans, and fresh rosemary that is perfect for holiday entertaining. The warm melty brie is absolutely irresistible, gluten-free and you’ll want to eat the entire block!
I love entertaining and appetizers are my favourite part. It’s so fun to just relax and hang out with your guests and snack on delicious food. This warm baked brie is one of my go-to’s since it’s easy to make but I also love making my Easy Shrimp Guacamole Bites Recipe, Easy Deviled Eggs Recipe, Sausage Stuffed Mushroom Recipe, and a Holiday Cheese Board.
How to Make Baked Brie with Cranberries
- Round brie cheese — Feel free to get a larger one if you prefer! The more, the merrier.
- Cranberry sauce — I used my cranberry orange sauce with hints of orange juice to it. You can use leftover cranberry sauce too. If you don’t have cranberry sauce, you can use jam such as fig jam, apricot jam and sweet pepper jam.
- Roasted pecans — You can use whole, halved, or pieces of pecan. You can also use walnuts or almonds.
- Fresh rosemary sprigs — This fresh herb makes for a beautiful garnish.
Prepare the Equipment
- Preheat the oven at 350℉.
- Line a baking sheet or baking dish with parchment paper and set it aside.
Bake the Brie
- Place brie on the parchment paper and bake for about 15 minutes.
Garnish and Enjoy!
- Let brie sit for 1-2 minutes, then transfer the brie cheese to a serving platter, serving dish or a large bowl.
- Top with cranberry sauce and pecans. Optional: sprinkle the top some orange zest.
- Garnish with rosemary and serve immediately with crackers, bread, etc.
- It’s important to watch the baking time to prevent over or undercooking the brie.
- Serve the dish immediately while it’s still warm.
- Don’t forget to add some herbs to make this baked brie with cranberry looks even more beautiful.
How To Store Leftovers
To Store: Place leftover baked brie with cranberries in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days and reheat in the oven or microwave before serving.
Freezer Instructions: Baked brie with cranberry is not ideal for freezing as the texture of the cheese can change upon thawing, becoming grainy or less creamy. It’s best enjoyed fresh or refrigerated for a few days.
Reheat: If your guests haven’t finished the brie quickly enough, you can place the brie back in the oven to gently reheat so it’s melty again.
What can I add on top of this Baked Brie cranberry?
Feel free to add whatever you want on top! Fresh fruit such as blueberries, sliced strawberries, and cranberries make for a colourful and fresh addition. You can also drizzle honey or maple syrup over the warm baked brie.
Another favourite of mine is citrus zest. The pecans can also be swapped out for other nuts (or add a mixture of nuts). Play around with it to find your favourite combination.
How do I transfer the baked brie with cranberries?
If you’re worried about the warm brie breaking open as you transfer it, here’s a neat trick. Move the entire baked brie on the parchment to your serving plate and cut the parchment. Cut either the browned parchment or simply cut as close to the brie as possible. No one will notice as the crackers will cover it and they’ll be too busy enjoying the gooey brie!
What to serve with Cranberry Baked brie
Serve the baked brie with cranberry sauce with something that’s sturdy enough to scoop into the cheese such as low-carb crackers, crusty French bread, sliced apples, toasted baguette slices, or plain-flavored crackers. You also don’t want super flavourful crackers as they’ll compete with the taste of the cheese.
You can also serve this baked brie cranberry with the classic dishes from Thanksgiving such as:
- Roast Turkey: A Thanksgiving centerpiece, roast turkey is a must to serve for dinner and goes really well with this appetizer.
- Sausage Stuffing: Made from bread, herbs, and other ingredients, stuffing is a flavorful side dish and very tasted.
- Mashed Potatoes: Creamy and buttery mashed potatoes are a must-have comfort food for Thanksgiving.
- Gluten-free cornbread: One of my favorite sides for Thanksgiving along with this Baked Brie with Cranberries.
More holiday recipes to try
- Pork Chops with Apples and Onions: Pork chops and apples make the perfect celebration of fall flavors. It’s so quick and easy to make.
- Turkey Breast Recipe: This oven-roasted turkey breast is perfect for a small gathering for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and other special occasions
- Easy Roasted Turkey Breast: This turkey breast is cooked in a fraction of the time of a whole turkey and it’s so delicious.
- Easy Roasted Turkey Leg: This roasted turkey leg is packed with flavour, crispy skin and moist meat!
- Healthier Green Bean Casserole: Creamy and delicious but lighter that the traditional recipe.
- Warm Quinoa Brussels Sprouts Salad: Great flavourful and easy salad for the Holidays.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you overbake the cheese, the brie goes from deliciously soft and gooey to tough and hard. Be careful not to overbake!
I often remove the top rind when I’m eating unbaked brie cheese, I did not cut the rind off before baking. If you prefer to remove the top rind, use a sharp knife and cut around the circle. Keep the rind side of the brie cheese on, as it will help the cheese hold its shape as it bakes. If you remove it, the cheese will melt out onto the parchment.
You can’t really make Baked Brie with Cranberries in advance as the cheese will firm up as it cools. You could make the cranberry sauce ahead of time and store it in the fridge instead. See my cranberry orange sauce post for tips and notes on how to prepare it in advance or you can make this sauce using an Instant Pot. It will be ready in no time.
- 8 oz round brie cheese
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce I used my homemade cranberry sauce.
- 1 cup roasted pecans
- fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Preheat the oven at 350℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Place brie on the parchment paper and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let brie sit for 1-2 minutes, then transfer the brie cheese to a serving platter. Top with cranberry sauce and pecans. Garnish with rosemary and serve immediately with crackers, bread, etc. Enjoy!
- Do not remove the rind as it keeps the melty cheese inside as it bakes.
- Avoid overbaking the brie cheese as it’ll harden.
- Do not skip the parchment paper as it’ll be difficult to transfer to a serving platter.
- To store: If you have leftovers, cover them tightly with plastic and store them in the fridge for a couple of days.
- To reheat: Reheat the cheese in the oven so it’s melty again.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.