Nothing like delicious oatmeal for breakfast! This Easy Cranberry Oatmeal Recipe is so easy to prepare and it’s very delicious.
Oatmeal is always a great option for breakfast. I’ve been making my Roasted Blueberry Oatmeal and Coconut Berries Oatmeal Recipe almost everyday, just because I love it to the point that I never get sick of it. I really don’t know why I don’t post more oatmeal recipes on this blog. But, these days I made this Easy Cranberry Oatmeal Recipe, using my leftover cranberry sauce recipe that I posted for Thanksgiving, and it was so creamy and delicious that I decided to share with you today.
It’s so easy and quick to make and I bet you already have all the ingredients in your kitchen. I like to make my oatmeal with 1 cup of oats and 2 cups of coconut/almond milk because it gets creamier. But I’ve seen some recipes with 1 cup of oats and 1 1/2 cups of any type of milk you prefer. It will depend on your taste. If you prefer creamier and a little bit runny oatmeal I suggest you make it with 1 cup of oats and 2 cups of milk.
You can also add chia seeds like I did just to have more nutrients to morning breakfast. And of course let’s not forget to talk about the homemade cranberry sauce. I made it a week ago for Thanksgiving and since I had leftovers I decided to use it in my oatmeal. Mm… Such a good combo! I made it sugar-free, but you can use maple, honey or even white sugar if you prefer. So, ready to dig in? Enjoy!
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
- Place the rolled oats, almond milk, orange zest, chia seed and maple in a medium pot over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until fully cooked.
- In a medium jar or bowl, layer the cranberry sauce and oatmeal.
- Garnish with mint leaves. Enjoy!
- You can swap the almond milk for any type of milk.
- Instead of maple syrup, you can use honey instead.
- Careful, not to overcook the oatmeal for the best texture. As the oatmeal cooks, it will thicken more.
- To store: You could store the oatmeal in the fridge for a couple of days in an airtight container.
- To reheat: Reheat the oatmeal on the stovetop or microwave.
- To freeze: Freeze oatmeal in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
And if you like this Easy Cranberry Oatmeal Recipe recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.