If you’re often visiting Primavera Kitchen you know that I always like to make homemade recipes and almost everything from scratch. I believe that when you make your own food you can control the amount of ingredients in there for example. But life gets crazy sometimes. We all have moments that we don’t have much time left to cook. When I had my son a year ago, I have to confess that sometimes we had to turn to packaged options at our local grocery store. I was so tired of not sleeping and since my family doesn’t live in Canada and my husband works fulltime, I was alone to taking care of my baby, my home, my blog and so on.
But it’s awesome that nowadays there are lots of good quality meals sold everywhere. A good example of what I’m talking about is the line from Campbell’s called Campbell’s Everyday Gourmet Soups. They are premium soups that are made with no artificial colours or flavours, which is really important for me.
On top of all that these soups taste absolutely amazing. Really! I’m not even kidding! They have unique flavour combinations like Thai Tomato Coconut, Sweet Potato Tomatillo and Fire Roasted Sweet Pepper & Tomato to please everyone. I tried the Tomato Basil Bisque few days ago and I was pretty surprised by the taste and the rich texture of it. Of course I always want to bring some freshness to my meals, so I added some garnish. For this soup I decided to sauté some green onions and garlic and top it with some crispy bacon bites. Mm… It turns something good into something even better. I also added some sour cream on it and it brought another layer of flavor to this soup. All these garnishes went along so well and accentuated and elevated even more the flavor of the Campbell’s Everyday Gourmet soups Gourmet Tomato Basil Bisque soup. I’m sure you will Elevate Your Everyday with this soup on its own, but adding these garnishes that I’m suggesting, will taste even better. If you have some Homemade Basil Pesto, you can stir some in as well! Tomato and basil go so well together, like in my Spaghetti Squash with Sun dried Tomato and Basil.
So, are you curious to taste them? If you are in Toronto or/and Vancouver you can go to the Campbell’s® Everyday Gourmet soups sampling events in February and March. There, you will be able to try 3 delicious Campbell’s® Everyday Gourmet soups, and personalize them with different garnishes. Mm… Yummy!
Locations and Dates:
- Metropolis at Metrotown – February 10th – 19th
- BC Home & Garden Show – February 22nd – 26th
- National Home Show – March 10th – 19th
- Scarborough Town Centre – March 25th – April 2nd
Of course, those who are unable to attend the events can find Campbell’s® Everyday Gourmet soup at all major Canadian retailers. Also, if you would like to know more about these soups you can visit www.elevateyoureveryday.com and receive a coupon for $1.00 off your next purchase and it’s available for download until July 31st, 2017. Enjoy!
This soup really goes with a lot of dishes. Try serving it with my Creamy Parmesan Shrimp Skillet or any of these 35 Easy Salmon Recipes You Need To Make For Dinner.
Tomato Basil Bisque soup with bacon, sautéed garlic and green onions
- 1 slice bacon - finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic - chopped
- ½ teaspoon green onions - chopped
- 1 teaspoon sour cream
- Campbell's Everyday Gourmet Tomato Basil Bique
- Add bacon over medium heat in saucepan and cook it until crisp, about three minutes. Set aside on a paper-towel lined plate.
- Remove the rendered fat from the saucepan, reserving about 1 teaspoon in the pan.
- Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Be careful to not burn. Set aside.
- Add green onions and sauté for about 15-30 seconds.
- In a soup bowl add the Campbell’s® Everyday Gourmet Tomato Basil Bisque.
- Heat, covered in a microwavable bowl for 2 1/2 - 3 minutes.
- Then garnish the soup with sour cream and sprinkle the sauté green onions, garlic and bacon bites. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
If you like this recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Try these 30 Healthy Soup Recipes! Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.