This delicious Chocolate Almond Biscotti Cookies recipe is a low-carb version of the traditional and classic Italian biscotti cookie.
This one is made with almond flour, unsweetened dried cranberries and sugar-free chocolate chips. Although this is a sugar-free biscotti, it’s so good that you won’t even notice that these cookies are healthier.
These past two weekends, I was starting to bake for the holidays. I’ve created already few delicious low-carb Christmas treats that I shared yesterday (Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies) and these Almond Flour Cranberry Muffins that I posted last week. If you didn’t try them yet, you definitely should because they are to die for.
Today I’m sharing a healthier version of one of my favourite cookies, which are the classic Italian biscotti. First time I tried a homemade almond biscotti was few years ago when we were having a cappuccino at my husband’s uncle coffee shop in Montreal.
I took a bite and I was amazed by the flavours! Wow it was so good! Since then I thought about making this recipe but in a low-carb and gluten-free version.
These Chocolate Almond Biscotti Cookies are made with almond flour, coconut flour, natural sweetener, sugar-free dried cranberries and sugar-free chocolate chips too. And believe me, these low-carb biscotti cookies came out as good as the traditional biscotti, especially with the chocolate drizzle on top.
Ingredients to Make These Chocolate Almond Biscotti Cookies
To make this Chocolate Almond Biscotti Cookies recipe, you’ll need only few ingredients and here they are:
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Softened butter
- Natural sweetener (any one of your preference)
- Vanilla extract
- Sugar-free dried cranberries
- Dark chocolate chips
Reasons why you’ll love to make Chocolate Almond Biscotti Cookies:
- These biscotti cookies are healthier than the traditional recipe, but they are crazy DELICIOUS!
- They are low-carb, gluten-free and paleo-friendly. And they are also loaded with healthy and good for you fat.
- It’s delicious as a desert after dinner or you can enjoy them for breakfast too. Yummy!
- It’s a great treat for a gift giving as well.
So, with all these good reasons to make these Chocolate Almond Biscotti Cookies, don’t wait any longer and go to the kitchen to make them for your holiday hosting, or your afternoon snack or for your breakfast. They are even more delicious served with coffee, tea or hot chocolate. Enjoy!
Chocolate Almond Biscotti Cookies
- Pre-heat the oven at 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add eggs, vanilla and sweetener. Whisk together very well until all is combined.
- In large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture and stir well.
- Add cranberries and chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- On the prepare bake sheet, place the dough and shape it like a long rectangle.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the top of the biscotti slabs are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and but do not turn off the heat.
- Allow to cool completely. It’s about 10 minutes. Cut each into 1 inch thick slices. Set slices cut sides upright on the baking sheets.
- 10. Return to the oven to continue baking for 8 minutes. Turn biscotti over and bake other side for 8 minutes. The cookies will be slightly soft in the centers with harder edges.
- 11. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Then, drizzle with melted chocolate on top. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!