This Whole30 Creamy Avocado Cauliflower Salad is a great choice if you are avoiding carbs since it’s made with cauliflower instead of potato and also the dressing is a great healthy alternative to creamy dairy sauces or even mayo-base dressings.
As you read on my latest post I am now obsessed with avocados so much so that I am making sauces with them. I wish I knew before how delicious an avocado sauce tastes. Mm… Just thinking about it makes my mouth water! Yummy! So, I decided to create a salad recipe that goes with my avocado creamy sauce and I thought cauliflower would be a delicious choice here. This salad is great, super fresh, low-carb, paleo, gluten-free and yet flavourful and very satisfying.
Tip to make this Creamy Avocado Cauliflower Salad tastes amazing:
Do not boil the cauliflower. Instead you want to steam it. Why? Because when you boil it, the cauliflower tends to be watering and soggy. When you steam you can easily control the texture of your cauliflower. Also, when you steam your veggies, you cook them until they are no longer raw, but still bright, tender and crispy. This way you preserve more the flavour and some of the nutrients too.
Can I use Mayo instead of avocado creamy for this recipe?
Yes, you certainly can. However if you are on Whole30 or following a paleo diet, traditional mayonnaise is not allowed. But, you can make your own mayo or you can buy this one that I love and truly recommend by Primal Kitchen. It’s a real mayonnaise made with avocado oil and it doesn’t contain any synthetic or artificial ingredients. Also, they only use eggs derived from cage free chickens. This is my favourite brand for healthier mayo and tastes pretty good. It’s Whole30 and paleo too. Get your on Amazon Prime in one day or so, or on the Primal Kitchen website. Use my coupon code PKITCHEN10 and get 10% off.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page here.
You can serve this Creamy Avocado Cauliflower Salad with:
- Roasted Lemon Chicken Leg
- Spicy Butter Salmon in Foil
- Garlic Butter Salmon in Foil
- Creamy Parmesan Chicken Skillet
Or you can browse for more recipes here. Enjoy!
Creamy Avocado Cauliflower Salad (Whole30, Paleo, Low-carb)
- In a large pot add about 2 cups of water and place a steamer basket in the bottom.
- Bring the water to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets into the steamer basket.
- Cover the pot and steam until the cauliflower florets are tender 6-8 minutes. The time will depend on how tender you prefer your cauliflower florets to be.
- Remove from the heat and also remove the lid from the pot. Let the cauliflower cool down for 2 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is steaming, heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy. It’s about 6-8 minutes. Again the time will depend on how crispy you like your bacon to be. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and let them cool completely. Then, chop in small pieces.
- In a large bowl place the cooked cauliflower, avocado creamy, salt and pepper. Mix everything well. Top with bacon and fresh parsley. Enjoy cold or warm!
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 87, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 4mg, Sodium: 420mg, Carbohydrates: 10g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 5g, Protein: 5g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
And if you like this Creamy Avocado Cauliflower Salad recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.