This Shrimp Avocado Cucumber Salad is loaded with red onions, cucumber, red bell peppers, avocado and sautéd shrimp. Also, it’s tossed with a very light and fresh lemon dressing. Delicious!
Happy February! How can it be February already? It’s hard to believe that we’re already in the second month of the year. Time is flying by! I think February is a great month to reset/restart those intentions/goals you created in January that for some reason you gave up or just didn’t plan well to stick with your New Year’s resolutions. I totally believe that what makes us successful or not is determination, persistence and perseverance. Some days will be harder than others. You will think that “I should give up”, “I’m not good enough”, “I’m not strong enough”, I can’t do that” and so on. But the truth is: every single minute is presenting you with a new chance and a new opportunity to start again whatever you set your intentions for.
That’s why I love February, not to mention it’s the month when my father, sister and son were born. So, I have lots of reasons to celebrate this month. And you? What do you think about February and this idea of putting in action again your goals for the New Year? One of my goals for 2018 was to drink more water and I’m definitely not paying attention to this. So, I’m already planned to buy a nice big bottle of water to stay with me wherever I go. I think if I see the bottle of water on my side I’ll drink it more. Let’s see how it goes.
Another goal of mine was to eat healthier than I was eating in 2017. I planned to do this by eating at least one bowl of salad a day and so far so good! That’s why you’re seeing lots of salad recipes on this blog lately.
So, today I’m sharing my newest favourite salad recipe, which is this Shrimp Avocado and Cucumber Salad. There is something about this combo (shrimp + avocado + cucumber) that is out of this world. Avocado is great with anything really, but with shrimp is my favourite and I think it’ll become your favourite too.
This Shrimp Avocado Cucumber Salad is loaded with tomatoes, cucumber, red bell peppers, avocado and sautéd shrimp. Also, it’s tossed with a very light and fresh lemon dressing. This is a very delicious salad to make and enjoy all year around.
Here’s what I think you should totally make this Shrimp Avocado Cucumber Salad recipe:
- It is easy and quick.
- It’s perfect for lunch during your busy week.
- It is DELICIOUS. This combo (avocado, cucumber and shrimp) is insanely good.
- It is low-carb, keto, gluten-free, paleo and Whole30.
I’m sure this Shrimp Avocado Cucumber Salad recipe will make your mouth watering 😉 Please, give it a try!
Shrimp Avocado Cucumber Salad
For the Shrimp
- 450g (26-39 shrimps) uncooked extra large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
For the Salad
- 1 ½ cups cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup red onions, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Using paper towels, pat dry shrimp.
- In a skillet, heat butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes each side or until they are cooked through.
- In a large salad bowl, add cucumber, red onions, bell pepper, avocado and shrimp.
- In a mason jar, pour the freshly squeezed lemon juice, olive oil, salt and black pepper. Whisk everything together until combined.
- Taste to check the seasoning and pour over the salad.
- Toss to combine and enjoy!
Yield: 4, Serving Size: 1/4
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 319
- Total Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 156mg
- Sodium: 800mg
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 18g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
Products Featured in this Recipe:
(may include affiliate links)
And if you like this Shrimp Avocado Cucumber Salad recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.