This is the easiest Roasted Lemon Chicken Leg recipe in the world. It is full of flavours of garlic, lemon, and herbs and is perfect for a quick and delicious meal.
Today, I bring you a very delicious but inexpensive weeknight meal. This roasted chicken leg recipe is definitely a beautiful and elegant dish. Everything tastes and looks beautiful when cooking with herbs and sliced citrus.
We all know that chicken doesn’t have much flavour unless we add a lot of seasonings, such as garlic, herbs, and lemon juice, when we cook it. But when you use these ingredients, every chicken recipe tastes like heaven. Am I lying? I guess not! So, this recipe is impossible to mess up, especially if you marinate your chicken overnight. The longer they marinate, the better the taste. I absolutely love roasted chicken leg, if you don’t have legs but have a whole chicken instead, try my Garlic Herb Butter Roast Chicken (Web Story)!
Don’t be cheap with the lemon because it is awesome! I cook with it a lot to make green juice and green smoothies and also drink hot lemon water almost every morning before my breakfast. So, you see how much I LOVE lemon, and if I don’t have them at home, I panic. They really add delicious fragrances to the food, and the juice just brightens all the other flavours in any recipe.
Serve this Roasted Lemon Chicken Leg recipe with:
- This Mushroom Cauliflower “Rice” Skillet recipe is delicious and a perfect side dish if you are on a whole30, paleo, gluten-free, or low-carb diet.
- Cauliflower Mashed is a great dish to serve with this roasted lemon chicken leg if you are on a low-carb or gluten-free diet. However, it’s not suitable for whole30 or paleo because it uses Parmesan cheese.
- Easy Roasted Vegetables Recipe is always a hit!
- Parmesan Lemon Asparagus Skillet if you’ve got a ton of lemon on hand.
- Also, this recipe goes really well with a salad for a light lunch or dinner. Browse all the salad recipes here.
- And for those who love a good carb, serve it with rice or quinoa. So good!!
Tips to take your Roasted Lemon Chicken Leg recipe to the next level:
This recipe is extremely flavourful thanks to all the spices/herbs, such as dried oregano leaves, dried thyme, and coriander. But the most important spice here is the paprika. It gives a golden brown colour to the chicken legs and provides a smoky and spicy taste to this dish. So, don’t skip this ingredient. If you don’t have paprika in your spice cabinet (which is hard to believe!), buy it at Amazon, which is very convenient and arrives at your door in one or two days with Amazon Prime. Or, buy it at your local grocery store. It’s not difficult to find.
Do you want to try more chicken recipes? Try these:
- Mediterranean Chicken Skillet Recipe
- Sun-Dried Tomato, Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
See below for how to make this Roasted Lemon Chicken Leg recipe:
- 12 free-range organic chicken legs also called drumsticks
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 lemon slices for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley chopped, for garnishing
- In a large container/bowl, season the chicken legs with dried oregano, dried thyme, coriander, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Pour the olive oil and lemon juice over the chicken legs. Toss everything very well. Marinate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chicken pieces on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 30 minutes or so until they begin to brown.
- Flip the pieces, and bake another 10-15 minutes or until the chicken legs reach an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon slices.
- If you do not have smoked paprika, you can use regular or sweet paprika.
- Fresh lemon juice is recommended for the best flavour.
- Make sure to pat dry the chicken before seasoning and roasting.
- To store: Store leftover chicken legs in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the fridge.
- To reheat: You can reheat in the microwave when ready to eat.
- To freeze: You can freeze chicken legs in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like this Roasted Lemon Chicken Leg recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter, and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipe updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.