Super Easy Avocado Cucumber Tuna Salad is light, flavorful and creamy because of the avocados. And the lemon dressing is super fresh!
Everyone in my family loves this Avocado Tuna Salad. This is so quick to put together that it’s going to become a weekly staple around here for sure. Healthy, flavorful, colorful, and perfect to bring to work or for a quick dinner!
You feel so satisfied that you don’t even need to complement this Avocado Tuna Salad with anything else. Well… You can always have a delicious healthy dessert after eating this salad. Great idea, right?! Hands up to all the chocolate addicts like me 😉 But in my defense I’m also addicted to salads 😉
How long does avocados last in this salad?
Avocados are truly the best. On my site, you find avocado recipes that will make everybody happy. From this nutritious Grilled Chicken Avocado Salad to this quick whole dinner meal Low-Carb Salmon Burgers with Avocado Coleslaw for example.
You also can find side dishes like this Whole30 Creamy Avocado Cauliflower Salad or even a creamy dressing/sauce recipe such as this Creamy Avocado Sauce that it’s dairy-free and delicious. As you can see, avocados go really well with almost anything, but they can go bad pretty fast. That’s why when I’m at my local grocery store, I look for avocados with firm skin and no soft spots. Also, once I cut them, I wrap it tightly in plastic wrap before refrigerating. And sometimes I even sprinkle a little bit of lemon juice onto the exposed avocado flesh.
So, for this Avocado Cucumber Tuna Salad if I make it for the whole family to eat for dinner, for example, I add all the ingredients in a bowl including the avocados because I know I won’t have leftovers. But if I have I keep this salad in the fridge and it’s good for about 2 days. The lemon dressing helps avocados to stay good for longer.
If you are making this Avocado Cucumber Tuna Salad to bring to work. I think it’s better if you bring the avocado with you and add to your salad when it’s time to eat. It will be the last ingredient you add before eating to help keep them green and fresh for longer.
Let’s just talk a little bit more about why I absolutely love today’s Avocado Tuna Salad:
- There is just so much goodness loaded into this one salad recipe. You’ve got drained tuna, crunchy red bell pepper, red onions and of course avocado, which is the start of this salad. Why? Because it gives to this salad all this creamy texture!
- All of these ingredients are drizzled with a light tangy and fresh lemon dressing. So yum!
- It’s a perfect main course for lunch and makes a great meal-prep. But it’s also amazing as a side salad! It’s up to you.
This salad is SO SO SO good that I can almost taste the flavors of it just by looking at all these pictures again. Mm… My mouth is watering! I’m absolutely sure you’ll love this Super Easy Avocado Cucumber Tuna Salad. Enjoy!
Super Easy Avocado Cucumber Tuna Salad
- In a large salad bowl, add cucumber, red onions, bell pepper, avocado, drained tuna and chives.
- In a mason jar, pour the freshly squeezed lemon juice, olive oil and salt and black pepper. Whisk everything together until combined.
- Taste to check the seasoning and pour over the salad.
- Toss to combine and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
And if you like this Super Easy Avocado Cucumber Tuna Salad recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.