Garlic shrimp and veggies meal prep bowls – a make ahead freezer meal that will save you so much time in the kitchen! Succulent shrimp in garlic butter sauce with zucchini, bell peppers, and onion. This shrimp dinner will become your favorite easy meal prep recipe.
How do you make easy meal prep?
If you have a family that is constantly on the go, make-ahead dinners like this shrimp meal prep can save you so much time. Easy meal prep recipes may not be as quick to make as a bowl of cereal, but trust that they are more nutritious and they taste better, too!
While it may seem like a huge task to plan your meals ahead, it really isn’t difficult. There is one simple step you can take that will make preparing meals easier.
- Tackle your time trouble spots.
Start by thinking about what activities cause you to lose the most time and what time of the day it happens.
Perhaps mornings are your trouble spot because you have a huge list of to-dos.
- Need to pack lunches – 15 minutes
- Find missing backpacks – 10 minutes
- Help your kids pick out clothes for school – 5 minutes
- Make and feed the family some breakfast – 15 minutes
- Get everyone out the door and to the bus stop on time – 10 minutes
- Pull something from the freezer to thaw out for dinner – 5 minutes
- Get yourself dressed and ready for the day – 20 minutes???
This list requires at least 90 minutes worth of time and if you’re lucky, you have 45 minutes to tackle it.
Now imagine this.
Instead of packing lunches in a frenzy every morning, you prep them the night before. It will take 10 minutes to pack and store them in the fridge. At the same time, you can cook blueberry oatmeal. Or better yet, pull out healthy meal prep breakfast bowls from the freezer to serve in the morning. You just saved 20 minutes!
You save even more time planning to serve a make-ahead meal you prepared earlier in the week.
Garlic shrimp and veggies meal prep bowls take 10 minutes to cook and then you put them in the fridge. As a result, you won’t spend 30 minutes making dinner on a busy night because the shrimp meal prep dinner is ready and waiting – it just needs 10 minutes to reheat!
Can I use frozen shrimp to make shrimp and veggies meal prep bowls?
Yes, you can make this easy shrimp meal prep dinner using frozen shrimp! Just buy uncooked shrimp and if possible, buy it deveined and with the tails removed. Otherwise, it’s simple to do yourself; just wait until the shrimp are thaw so that it’s easier to devein them.
Garlic Shrimp and Veggies Meal Prep Bowls
- 3 tbsp clarified butter or ghee - for whole30 and paleo diets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp - tails off, peeled and deveined
- salt and black pepper - to taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 garlic clove - minced
- 2 big bell pepper - diced
- 1 medium red onion - chopped
- 2 medium zucchinis - chopped
- fresh parsley for garnishing
- Place the butter and olive oil in a large skillet and melt over medium high heat.
- Add the shrimp and season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until shrimp is pink.
- Add garlic and cook for one more minute. Set shrimp aside.
- If necessary add more olive oil in the skillet and sauté bell pepper, onions, zucchini and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-5 minutes. I like my veggies tender, but if you prefer, you can cook them for 2 minutes more to be softer.
- Bring shrimp back to the skillet. Stir everything well to combine.
- MEAL PREPPING: Place an even amount of shrimp and veggies into 4 different glass containers. Divide the shrimp vegetable skillet recipe into 4 portions. Cover with the lid, and place in the fridge for up 4 days. Heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!