This Spicy Butter Salmon in Foil is made with melted butter and lots of spices. It’s cooked in 20 minutes, then broiled for the crispy finish!
This was such a busy week for us because we were trying to get ready for our weekend in Montreal. As you may know, we live in Toronto, but my husband’s family lives in Montreal. So, we are always coming here to spend some quality time with them. It’s very good to meet them and see Thomas playing with his grandparents and cousins.
And although his cousins are much older than Tomtom (Julia is 7 and Dominic is 11 years old), they get along so well. Julia treats Thomas like a doll. She wants to give him food, to give him his bath, and put on his clothes. It’s so funny. On the other hand, my nephew Dominic likes to play with Tomtom with blocks and stacking toys.
As I was saying before, my week was busy getting ready for the trip and for this reason I cooked all week long easy and quick meals for dinner just like this Spicy Butter Salmon in Foil. When I have no time for cooking, I think, “Should I order something or make my salmon in foil, or my Garlic Butter in Foil or my quick easy broiled salmon recipe”? And my answer is always “make one of your salmon recipes”. Why? Because it’s going to be fresher and healthier than any other food I can possibly order. Also, it’s so easy and quick to make any of my salmon recipes that it’s not even worth ordering a pizza instead.
I love cooking salmon in aluminum foil because it allows the fish to stay moist. When you fold the sides of the foil over the salmon, it keeps moisture inside of the foil, preventing the salmon from drying out. Also, this technique is great if you want to cook with different spices on your salmon. The other reason why I love salmon in foil is that it makes clean up a breeze. It’s awesome!
What to serve with this Spicy Butter Salmon in Foil
You can pair this Spicy Butter Salmon in Foil with lots delicious recipes such as fluffy rice and quinoa salad if you are not on a low-carb diet. Or you can also serve it with zucchini noodles, roasted asparagus, green beans, brussels sprouts, easy mediterranean salad, mashed cauliflower recipe, avocado cauliflower salad, roasted green beans with spicy tahini sauce, garlic parmesan roasted cauliflower or veggies. Whatever side dish you choose, it will be a great meal for a quick dinner during the week.
Want another easy salmon recipe? Try this Garlic Butter Baked Salmon next!
Let’s check this Spicy Butter Salmon in Foil recipe out!
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
- In a small glass bowl, add melted butter, onion powder, crushed red pepper, crushed red pepper, smoked paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper and dried parsley. Whisk together until everything is combined.
- Place salmon onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Pour the butter mixture over the salmon and spread it with a silicone basting brush or a spoon.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon. Make sure it is well sealed so the sauce does not leak.
- Place into oven and bake until cooked for about 20-25 minutes. (Baking time may vary slightly due to the thickness of fish and the power of your oven.)
- Open the foil and broil the fish for 3-4 minutes. Please, be careful not to burn the fish.
- Remove from the oven and serve it with veggies, salad, rice, or quinoa.
- If you have leftovers, should make this Chopped Salmon Salad recipe. It’s amazing, perfect for lunch to bring to work and super healthy. Yum!
- HERE is a full list of salmon recipes that are great for eating healthier with good quality protein. And HERE is a list of delicious side dishes to go with this salmon recipe.
- Do not wrap the salmon too tightly as the tin foil can take off some of the salmon, making it less pretty when serving.
- There's no need to flip the foil packs in the oven.
- To store: Put leftover salmon into an airtight glass container and keep for up to 3 days.
- To reheat: Rewarm leftovers in the microwave or air fryer.
- To freeze: Freeze in a freezer-safe bag once the salmon has reached room temperature. Freeze for up to 4 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
And if you like this Spicy Butter Salmon in Foil recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.