Dulce de Leche Banana Bread – The dulce de leche is swirled in a classic banana bread recipe, making it even more flavourful and irresistible. This is an amazing recipe with only few ingredients!
Many of you know that I’ve been in South America now for over 3 months and I’ll be back to Toronto only in November. My family is here and since I had my little baby boy Thomas in February I thought it would be nice to be here with my parents and my sister so they can help me with him. We thought it would be a great opportunity at the same time for them to see Thomas growing up.
When we arrived Thomas was 4 months old and he was starting to express himself though smile, laugh and sounds. Now, he is sitting on his on, talking much more, grabbing everything to put in his mouth, rolling around on the floor and also he’s crawling backwards…
And since I’m here I’ve been trying to make more recipes with South America ingredients for this blog (although my family loves when I make some North America recipes for them such as cookies, muffins, waffles and pancakes). So, I don’t know if you know but dulche de leche is a very very very popular dessert here. People love to have it with bread, cakes, and fruits like bananas and crackers.
I thought it would be a great idea to make banana bread with dulce de leche because banana goes really well with dulce de leche and because it would be nice to give a little twist to a traditional banana bread recipe, don’t you think? I tried to make it a little healthier by adding some whole wheat flour and coconut oil instead of butter. However, I have to say that this Dulce de Leche Banana Bread is very sweet. This is certainly a indulgent treat. But once in a while it’s not a problem to treat ourselves with a delicious dessert like this one, right? I’m sure you will love this dulce de leche banana bread because it’s extremely flavourful. Enjoy!
Dulce de Leche Banana Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour + 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe mashed bananas — (about 1 ½ cup)
- ¼ cup coconut oil — melted
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoon dulce de leche + 1 tbsp to top
- Preheat the oven to 350º F / 175ºC.
- In a large bowl add and mix together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together the mashed bananas, coconut oil, sugar, eggs and Greek yogurt until evenly combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Drop dulce de leche on top of the batter, then swirl gently into the batter with the tip of the spoon or fork.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Before serving, drizzle dulce de leche over the banana bread.
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
And if you like this Dulce de Leche Banana Bread recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Bread Recipes!