Paleo Chocolate Chips Almond Flour Banana Bread that’s gluten-free and dairy free. Also, it sweetened with natural sweetener.
This Paleo Chocolate Chip Almond Flour Banana Bread is totally addictive. I mean it’s so moist and delicious that I think it’s even better than the regular banana bread recipe.
When I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I was absolutely sure that I should make this paleo banana bread because it made my mouth water. I knew this would be the perfect Paleo Chocolate Chip Almond Flour Banana Bread to try since all Fit Mitten Kitchen recipes are insanely good.
Lots of reasons to love this Paleo Chocolate Chip Almond Flour Banana Bread:
- This Paleo Chocolate Chips Almond Flour Banana Bread is incredibly moist, flavorful and healthy since it’s gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and there are only 3 tablespoons of natural sweetener. The chocolate chips are also sugar-free.
- Hearty and additive with the perfect amount of sweetness.
- Also, it’s family approved, and great for breakfast, snack time or dessert! I made this recipe last week during March break and my son and his friends loved it as an afternoon snack.
- Super easy to put together. In less than 15 minutes the batter will be ready to be baked.
Ingredients you will need to make this Paleo Banana Bread:
- Almond flour
- Tapioca flour
- Baking soda
- Ripe bananas
- Sugar-free and dairy-free chocolate chips
My favorite sugar-free chocolate chips
I talked a little bit about this on last Low-carb Chocolate Muffins post and I’ll repeat it again. Be very careful about the type of sugar-free chocolate chip you buy because some brands use maltitol as the sweetener. Some studies have been proven that maltitol spikes blood glucose levels. So, it’s a no no for people who have diabetes.
So, my favorite sugar-free chocolate chips is Lily’s Chocolate chips because it’s made with natural stevia and real chocolate. Also it’s dairy-free and soy-free too. I highly recommend it and this is the brand that I used to make this Paleo Chocolate Chip Almond Flour Banana Bread.
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe and give it a try 😉
Paleo Chocolate Chips Almond Flour Banana Bread
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 small extra ripe bananas — or 1 cup mashed/pureed
- 3 tablespoons natural sweetener — or coconut sugar for paleo
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil or ghee or extra light tasting olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips — save some for topping
Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a bread pan (8 x 4) with non-stick spray. Then, line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
In medium bowl add all the dry ingredients (almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt) and mix well to combine.
In large bowl whisk together mashed banana and sweetener. Then, add egg, oil and vanilla extract. Whisk everything together until evenly combined.
Mix the wet and dry together until combined.
Add the chocolate chips and fold them into the batter.
Pour the batter into the bread pan. Add extra chocolate chips on the top of the batter if you desire.
Bake for about 30 minutes uncover, then cover it with foil and bake for more 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. It probably will be done between 50-70 minutes. Baking times may vary because ovens vary in power and efficiency.
Place the bread pan on a wire rack and let it cool down for 10-15 minutes before lifting from the parchment paper to remove bread.
Slice into 10 slices!
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/10) — Calories: 264, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 37mg, Sodium: 144mg, Potassium: 150mg, Carbohydrates: 29g, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 6g, Protein: 9g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!