If you’re always visiting Primavera Kitchen, you must notice that we have lots of sweet potatoes recipes just because we love them. And of course we have our favorite recipes using sweet potato such as my skillet recipes such a ground turkey sweet potato skillet, Asparagus Sweet Potato Chicken Skillet, Sweet Potato Chicken Soup and Sweet Potato Chicken Slow Cooker.
Although as you can see I’ve always made sweet potato recipes, I’ve never made Baked Sweet Potato Fries, which is craaazy! I don’t really know why it took me so long to make this recipe. But here I’m sharing my version of Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries.
Tips to make this Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries even better:
- Every time you roast any type of veggie, you need to cut them roughly the same size. The reason why is because you want the veggie or root to bake evenly. If you cut the sweet potato in small and large matchsticks pieces, the smaller pieces will cook faster than the large pieces and they will probably become soggy by the time the bigger pieces are ready.
- Another important tip is to place the sweet potatoes matchstickspieces in a single layer on the baking sheet to avoid they become mushy.
- And last, toss the cut sweet potato with olive oil, but make sure the pieces are coated on all sides because if not, the sides that are not coated will be very dry.
What other type of spices I can use to make this Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries?
The best part of this recipe is that it’s very versatile, which means you can use whatever pleases your heart or your tummy here 😉 You can add to this recipe garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and even curry. It’s totally up to you.
Recommended Tools to Make Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries:
- Large Sheet tray: I have lots of sheet trays because I love making meat, fish and veggies in the oven and for each type of recipe you need a different size of tray. When it comes to roasted veggies I always choose the large size because I’m afraid to overcrowding the sheet with veggies and as a result I can have soggy roasted veggies instead of crispy veggies.
- Parchment paper: You can use also aluminum foil too, but if you are concerned about the amount of aluminum in your food, you should use parchment paper instead.
Other Sweet Potato Recipes you may like it:
- Spicy Salmon Vegetable Meal-Prep Bowls
- One-pan Sausage with Sweet Potato and Asparagus
- Goat Cheese Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potato
- Sweet Potato Zucchini Casserole
- Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl toss sweet potatoes with oil to coat. Sprinkle with paprika, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Spread sweet potatoes in single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake until sweet potatoes are tender and golden brown. It’s about between 15-20 minutes. The bake timing will depend on the power of your oven.
- Let sweet potatoes cool down for 5 minutes before serving.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
And if you like this Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletterand follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebookfor all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.