Let’s make this Easy-to-follow Garlic Shrimp Spaghetti recipe and enjoy it with a glass of wine! This past weekend was a holiday in Canada, but I had to work. Yes, I know that’s not the most enjoyable thing to do on a holiday, but we were at the end of a project and the deadline was yesterday. But, the good part is that my husband was very supportive and I could work from home while he was doing groceries, breakfast, and even laundry. So, his help made me finished my work Sunday around noon and we even had time to do a picnic with some friends at the park in front of the Lake Ontario.However, Sunday had a weird weather. At the beginning of the day and afternoon, the sky was very blue and no clouds, but at the beginning of the evening we had a strong storm with lighting and thunder!! Do you believe that? The power of the wind could make me fly… hahahhah! No kidding!! Two hours later the sky was clean again. Go figure!!If you guys have been following my blog a while, you had noticed that my recipes these past few weeks have been very easy and quick to make. This is because as I said before I am working a lot and I absolutely have no time to spend hours in the kitchen. I guess it’s not a problem since we all are so busy and rather be with our families, enjoying the nice weather than be in the kitchen, right? So today, I brought to you another quick and easy recipe to follow. This is a recipe that we all have in mind when the pantry is almost empty and the time is running out. This is a very flavorful garlic shrimp spaghetti recipe, especially if you use a good quality olive oil. And the shrimp just makes everything tastes even better. For this recipe, I used pasta cooking liquid instead of the wine, but feel free to replace it with wine. It will be delicious anyway. I hope you enjoy this recipe and let me know how it turns out.
Garlic Shrimp Spaghetti Recipe
- 12 oz spaghetti
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic — thinly sliced
- 1/2 lbs fresh asparagus — medium thickness, tough ends trimmed, remaining diced into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lb large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup pasta cooking liquid
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, for garnishing
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for about 8 minutes or until tender. Drain it and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Add asparagus and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper and stir everything well.
- Add shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes. Be careful not to overcook shrimps or they will get tough. Add the pasta and cooking liquid.
- Stir in parsley; cook for 1 minute, add to pasta and toss to coat.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like Cherry Pineapple Smoothie recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Spaghetti Recipes!