This Gluten-free No Bake Peanut Butter Pie is very creamy, vegan, dairy-free, delicious and incredible easy to throw together.
I know here in North America almost everybody grows up eating peanut butter with bananas, apples and toast, right? So yummy! But do you know it’s not very traditional to eat peanut butter in South America? Well… Now it’s getting more popular, but when I grew up 30 something years ago it certainly wasn’t popular. To be honest I ate peanut butter for the first time here in Canada few years ago. At first I didn’t like much, but now I love it!
This Gluten-free No Bake Peanut Butter Pie is a frozen pie that is perfect for summer, which is right around the corner. It’s time to start eating some frozen treats. Don’t you agree with me?
I was very amazed by the flavour of this peanut butter pie. I mean… Don’t get me wrong I knew this pie was going to taste delicious. This combo (peanut butter, banana and chocolate) it’s hard to beat, right? But because it’s so simple to make I didn’t think it would taste this GOOD!
So, let’s talk about how is made this delicious Gluten-free No Bake Peanut Butter Pie.
- First you start with the crust, which is made with peanuts, cashews, natural sweetener, almond milk, cocoa powder, pure vanilla extract and salt. You can see that this crust is very healthy and yet tasty… Love it!
- Second the filling: if you like peanut butter and bananas you are going to love this filling. It’s super flavourful, creamy and addictive I have to say 😉 The mixture is made in the food processor and has banana, natural peanut butter, almond milk, vanilla and a little bit of salt. It literally tastes like heaven 😉
- Last the topping: I melted a dark chocolate bar in the microwave and drizzle all over the pie. Hmm… So GOOD! Of course you have to choose a good quality chocolate! Then add some roasted peanuts!
After all these steps you put your pie in the freezer and wait for 3 hours. And then you have a delicious Gluten-free No Bake Peanut Butter Pie that is healthy, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, no bake and healthy! Perfect Dessert for summer!
Gluten-free No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate - chopped
- 1 tbsp roasted peanuts
- Add all the crust ingredients to a food processor and puree until all the ingredients are well combined. Be careful not to over process the nut mixture into nut butter. If necessary stop and scrape the sides of the food processor bowl.
- Place the dough in an 8" pie pan with removable bottom and with a spatula press until evenly uniform on the bottom.
- Add all the filling ingredients in the food processor. Puree until you obtain a homogenous mixture.
- Pour the filling over the crust and freeze the pie until solid for at least 3 hours.
- Before serving top with melted dark chocolate and roasted peanuts.
- Thaw the pie on a counter for about 10 minutes before slicing and serve.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
And if you like this Gluten-free No Bake Peanut Butter Pie recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.