This vegan and gluten-free chocolate peanut butter smoothie is very creamy, thick, rich, and absolutely tasty. It is made with only five ingredients!
I know that now is typically the time of year when many of us set our goals and visions for the year ahead as I said in my last post.
For many of us, this year involves making promises to eat better food and boost our health. Many people like to try out gluten-free diets or low carb diets. So why not to start boosting your breakfast with this delicious chocolate peanut butter smoothie that ticks all the boxes?
This vegan and gluten-free smoothie is very creamy, thick, rich, and absolutely tasty!! It is made with only five ingredients that probably you have in your pantry and fridge.
This smoothie is definitely so delicious because all the rich savory flavors from peanut butter, banana, cocoa powder, and coconut milk combine perfectly. Speaking of peanut butter, if you haven’t tried my Low-Carb Peanut Butter Cookies, you really should!
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
Of course, I cannot forget to talk about the frozen banana because it definitely adds this creamy texture. Since you add frozen bananas you don’t need to add ice.
I also used coconut milk because I would like to make a vegan smoothie. So, if you want to quit dairy, this coconut milk is a great substitute. Last, don’t forget to use a good quality peanut butter, because it is better for your health if it is 100% peanut butter, unsweetened, and no salt. Seriously, this smoothie is such a delicious way to start your day. Want to try a different healthy smoothie? Try my Mango Green Smoothie, Low Carb Green Smoothie Recipe, Keto Avocado Green Smoothie, and Easy Apple Smoothie Recipe!
I hope you really give this recipe a try and enjoy it for breakfast, snack time, or even dessert because everything that has chocolate is considered a dessert too, right??!!
The Best Blender for Smoothie:
You need to have a very good blender to make a good smoothie. Otherwise your smoothie will be full of lumps. Not good!
For sure my favorite blender that I highly recommend are:
- NutriBullet: This blender allows you to blend in the cup you’ll be drinking from. It’s so practical and makes clean up a breeze. Isn’t that perfect? I love it!
- Vitamix: This is the most powerful blender ever. You can easily crush ice into a drinkable slush and cut through frozen fruits, nut and seeds well. I make smoothies, my low-carb blueberry muffins, my mashed cauliflower and lots of soups with it. It’s also make sauces, spreads and digs. I love it so much and really recommend it.
For more delicious, creamy, rich, gluten-free, vegan, and healthy smoothies visit my Drink and Smoothies Pinterest Board! And if you want to browse all of my healthy recipe posts? Follow my Primavera Kitchen Board!!!
- Add the bananas, coconut milk, cocoa, peanut butter, and agave to taste.
- Blend well until smooth for about 30 seconds or so.
- Taste to adjust flavor and serve immediately.
- Adapted from Averie Cooks.
- Using a frozen banana leads to a creamier smoothie. Freeze it the night before or a few hours beforehand.
- You can swap the peanut butter for any nut butter.
- If you are using natural peanut butter, make sure you mix it before using.
- To store: You can store the chocolate peanut butter smoothie for an extra day in the fridge but you'll have to give it a mix as the smoothie may separate in the fridge.
- To freeze: Freeze the smoothie in an airtight container with some space on top as the smoothie will expand.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.