This Grilled Pineapple Chicken is a perfect recipe for your bbq parties. It is flavourful, juicy and very moist.
Happy summer, my dear friends! Today I’m going to keep this post short so you can spend more time outside. Now that I am spending a few months in Brazil I am getting inspired to use more tropical fruits in my recipes such as pineapple, mango, coconut and so on. You can find these fruits everywhere from supermarkets to farmer markets to little food stands on the streets and they are so fresh, very sweet and juicy.
I love Brazilian fruits cause they are very sweet. But, another thing that I really like it is chicken on the grill, because it is so simple, easy and quick to make. And if you marinate your chicken well, it can be very flavorful too. So I decided to make this recipe because it is a perfect way to combine fruit and meat in one single meal. Since it is already summer time I prefer my chicken on the grill because while my husband or me is grilling the chicken, we can enjoy the nice weather at the same time.
For this recipe you just need to combine all the ingredients, except the olive oil and the cilantro) in a plastic bag or in a glass recipient, marinate the chicken for about 2-4 hours or overnight, place the chicken and the veggies (bell peppers and onions) on the skewers and grill them for 5-8 minutes. Easy!! This recipe goes really well with fresh chopped cilantro, but since my husband has cilantro allergy I used parsley instead. If you can eat cilantro I really recommend this flavorful herb to top your skewers.
We chose to serve these skewers with my easy and quick quinoa salad, but you can also serve with rice, green salad and noodles. If you’re hosting a few more people, you should try making this Easy Shrimp Guacamole Bites Recipe to go with the chicken as well! Yummy!
Did you buy a whole pineapple and need more ways to use it up? Try this Cherry Pineapple Smoothie Recipe, Pineapple Green Smoothie, Spicy Pineapple Peach Smoothie, and Kale Blueberry Pineapple Salad. I hope you enjoy these recipes!
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
- 3 large chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 skewers
- 1 purple onion cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ fresh pineapple cut into 1-inch pieces
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or cilantro chopped
- In a large glass recipient add the chicken breasts.
- In a small bowl, add the chicken broth, orange juice, soy sauce, ginger and garlic powder. Pour the mixture into the large glass recipient with the chicken breasts. Marinade in the fridge for 2-4 hours or overnight.
- Fire up the grill to medium high heat.
- Place the chicken pieces on the skewers alternating with the onion, red bell pepper and pineapple.
- Oil the grill and place the skewers on the grill.
- Cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Top with fresh cilantro or parsley, before serving.
- Make sure to soak your wooden skewers before you use them. This prevents them from being burnt while being grilled.
- Feel free to use different coloured bell peppers if you want to make a colourful skewer.
- Avoid cutting the vegetables too small as they'll burn by the time the chicken is cooked through.
- To store: Put leftover grilled pineapple chicken (removed from skewers) into an airtight glass container and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- To reheat: Rewarm leftover chicken and pineapple in the microwave.
- To freeze: Freeze cooked chicken and pineapple (removed from skewers) in a freezer-safe bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
And if you like this Grilled Pineapple Chicken recipes, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More recipes for you!