Try this nutrient-packed green smoothie with fresh cut pineapples, spinach, chia seeds and coconut milk to kick off your day.
I think we all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Not only because it gives you energy for the activities during the morning, but breakfast also helps you to make better food choices at other meals and to prevent that mid-morning slump.
So, green juices and smoothies are definitely the freshest, fastest way to get more nutrients at breakfast time.
So, for all of these reasons, I am a huge fan of breakfast and one of my favorite ways to have a nutritious first meal of the day is with my creamy pineapple green smoothie recipe.
This pineapple green smoothie has such a naturally sweet and delicious flavor that you won’t even notice you’re filling yourself with lots of spinach, which is loaded with lots of essential nutrients for your body.
Another great ingredient I always use when I am making my smoothie is chia seeds because it adds healthy omega-3 fats, fiber, and a little protein.
I almost never add honey or maple because the pineapple and the coconut milk are already sweet enough for my taste. But of course, if you prefer, you can add a tablespoon of honey or maple. It is all up to you.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
I really hope you get inspired and make a nutritious and delicious smoothie like this one for your breakfast today and thanks a lot for reading.
A few more smoothies I’ve been making lately are my Cherry Pineapple Smoothie Recipe, Spicy Pineapple Peach Smoothie, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie. I’ve been alternating between all of these to make my mornings more delicious!
The Best Blender for Smoothie:
You definitely need to own a good blender to make a delicious smoothie. Otherwise your smoothie will be full of lumps, which is not what we want, right?
For sure my favorite blender that I highly recommend are:
- NutriBullet: This one is amazing because allows you to blend in the cup you’ll be drinking from. It’s so practical and makes clean up a breeze. Who doesn’t like that, correct?
- Vitamix: This is the most powerful blender ever. You can easily crush ice into a drinkable slush and cut through frozen fruits, nut and seeds well. I make smoothies, my low-carb blueberry muffins, my mashed cauliflower and lots of soups with it. It’s also make sauces, spreads and digs. I love it so much and really recommend it.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and puree for about 30 seconds.
- Taste to adjust flavor and serve immediately.
- Make sure to wash your spinach before you use it in a smoothie.
- Frozen fruit will make the smoothie more creamy and thick.
- To store: You can store the pineapple green smoothie for an extra day in the fridge but you'll have to give it a mix as the smoothie may separate in the fridge.
- To freeze: Freeze the smoothie in an airtight container with some space on top as the smoothie will expand.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like this Pineapple Green Smoothie recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Try these Top 30 Healthy Chili Recipes You Must Try This Fall. You can also Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.