This cherry pineapple smoothie takes just minutes to make and is a great nutritional breakfast option.
This weekend has been really crazy for me because I’ve been working a lot. Yesterday, I came home around 9pm because we have a tight deadline and we really have to finish the project that we are working on by tomorrow.
But since we’ve been working a lot, I am pretty sure all will be done on time. Luckily, I don’t really mind working under pressure with short turn-around times.
I actually think when we work under pressure we produce much more and so many times we become even more creative.
One thing that really helps me to keep up with the busy days is a good homemade meal. Sometimes I get home very tired, but I always try to find the energy to make some nutritious recipes for my husband and me for dinner and then we can have leftovers for lunch the next day.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
Of course, I don’t always cook after work. There are days after work I wish to lay down on my sofa and watch some comedy show on TV for 2 hours, but this is not what my everyday evening looks like.
As much as I love a good dinner, I also love a delicious breakfast. This is the first meal of the day and it should be full of nutrients to give us all the energy we need during the day.
I love starting my day with my almond butter waffles or my peanut butter pancakes, but these are the things that I make on the weekend. During the week, I really love a good fruit smoothie, like this Spicy Pineapple Peach Smoothie.
I’ve never made a cherry smoothie before, but I made one this morning and it tasted great with the sweetness of the pineapple. Mmmmm… so yummy!
My pineapple was so sweet that I didn’t even need to add maple syrup or honey. This combo of cherry and pineapple really surprised me in a nice way that I’ll be making this smoothie more often. So, I hope you can give this fresh smoothie a try and let me know how it was.
The Best Blender for Smoothie:
If you are like me, you probably don’t like to have a smoothie that is full of lumps, right? You need to have a very good blender to make a good smoothie.
For sure my favorite blender that I highly recommend are:
- NutriBullet: I love this one because it allows you to blend in the cup you’ll be drinking from. It’s so practical and makes clean up a breeze. Who doesn’t like that, right?
- Vitamix: This is the most powerful blender ever I ever owned. You can easily crush ice into a drinkable slush and cut through frozen fruits, nut and seeds well. I make smoothies, my low-carb blueberry muffins, my mashed cauliflower and lots of soups with it. It’s also make sauces, spreads and digs. I love it so much and really recommend it.
- In a blender container combine all the ingredients.
- Cover and blend until smooth for about 30 seconds or so.
- Taste to adjust flavor and serve immediately. Enjoy.
- I like using frozen cherries because they come pitted and saves you time from having to do it yourself.
- To make the smoothie thicker, you can add more ice to the blender.
- A frozen banana makes the smoothie thick and creamy, so don't forget to freeze your banana in advance!
- To store: You can store the smoothie for an extra day in the fridge but you'll have to give it a mix as the smoothie may separate in the fridge.
- To freeze: Freeze the cherry pineapple smoothie in an airtight container with some space on top as the smoothie will expand.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like Cherry Pineapple Smoothie recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Smoothies Recipes