This Healthy Blender Raspberry Ice Cream is made with Greek yogurt, honey, raspberries, and bananas. It is gluten-free and refined sugar-free. It is creamy and delicious!
This week I am going to post 2 healthy and flavorful ice cream recipes and on Saturday, I’ll post a recipe roundup with 10 healthy ice cream recipes from my blog and from the web. So, it will be an ice cream week here at Primavera Kitchen!! Awesome, right?
This healthy blender raspberry ice cream is a great option for anyone who wants to eat healthier during summertime, but can’t resist a delicious frozen treat.
I called this raspberry ice cream recipe healthy because it isn’t made with heavy cream and lots of refined sugar. This recipe is made with Greek yogurt and frozen bananas. These two ingredients give this raspberry ice cream the creamy texture and it a great option to replace the heavy cream. Also, it calls only for 2 tablespoons of honey. I chose only to add this amount of sweetener because I love the sour taste in my ice cream, but if you prefer it sweeter you can double the amount of honey. You also can use maple syrup or agave to sweeten your ice cream. Here are 10 more Healthy Ice Cream Recipes if you want more!
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
What I like most about this recipe is that you don’t need an ice cream maker to make it. You will need only a good quality blender since you will blend frozen bananas and raspberries. When these fruits are smooth, you will add the Greek yogurt and honey to blend. Then simply pour the mixture into a medium size container and freeze for 3-5 hours. But, since this ice cream is low in fat, it takes longer to soften than traditional ice cream recipes. You have to let thaw on a counter for about 30 minutes before serving.
If you need more recipes for raspberries, you need to try my Low-Carb Raspberry Chocolate Cake, Low Carb Raspberry Smoothie, and Raspberry Chia Pudding! They are so easy to make and are full of flavour. Definitely something you can quickly whip up while you wait for your ice cream to set in the freezer.
Healthy Blender Raspberry Ice Cream
- 2 big frozen bananas
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup almond milk or any other milk you desire
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a blender or food processor, add raspberries, bananas, and almond milk.
- Blend for about 3-5mins or until smooth.
- Then add Greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla.
- Blend again for 1 minute or so.
- Pour into a medium container and place in a freezer.
- Freeze it for 3-5 hours.
- Before serving, let soften on a counter for 30 minutes.
- This raspberry ice cream is low in fat, so it takes longer to soften than traditional ice cream recipes. You can leave it at room temperature for a few minutes before you scoop the ice cream.
- You need a powerful blender or food processor for this recipe as you do not want to burn out the motor.
- Avoid over-blending the ice cream as the blender will start heating up and melt your mixture.
- To store: Keep tightly wrapped in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
And if you like this Healthy Blender Raspberry Ice Cream recipes, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Ice Cream Recipes!
Dairy-Free Strawberry Ice Cream
Leave a Comment