This delicious, vegan and gluten free Raspberry Chia Pudding is a healthy breakfast recipe loaded with antioxidants, fiber, high quality protein and omega-3.
Valentine’s day is right around the corner and to celebrate this especial day why not to make a delicious, but very healthy dessert to serve on this romantic day? Who said calories don’t count on Valentine’s Day? Let’s keep our diet inline by making this delicious, vegan and gluten free Valentine’s Day Raspberry Chia Pudding and I promise to you that you will have a delicious and romantic dessert. The best part of this recipe is: It is TOTALLY guilt free!! Is there something better than that??! 😉
This raspberry pudding has the color red in it, which it is totally Valentine’s Day and it is very easy to make. I totally see this recipe like a dessert, but you can have it for your breakfast too? Why not to make a romantic breakfast for you love instead of a dinner? Great idea, right?!
Either way, you will be celebrating this day with a cute, romantic and healthy dish loaded with antioxidants, fiber, high quality protein and omega-3. But, the only down side of this recipe is that it takes at least 4 hours to be ready because you need to allow the chia seeds to soak up the liquid and expand. I usually choose to just let it sit in the fridge overnight and then mix with the pureed raspberry when it is time to serve. This recipe is also very versatile because if you don’t have raspberries you can replace with any other fruit you have in your kitchen.
Want to browse all of my healthy recipe posts? Follow my Primavera Kitchen Board on Pinterest!!! I also have great Pinterest Boards full of awesome Healthy Desserts recipes. I hope you enjoy all the delicious and healthy recipes I have there!!
For this recipe I pureed the raspberries in this mini food chopped from Kitchen Aid. I love this because it is so affordable, easy to store since it is very small and also it is very efficient. It purees and chops just like a full size food processor.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page here.
Raspberry Chia Pudding
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp agave nectar — or honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
- In a medium bowl, combine the chia seeds and coconut milk together and stir very well to avoid any chunks.
- Add the agave, vanilla extract and mix everything very well.
- Divide the chia mixture between two bowls.
- Using a plastic wrap, cover the bowls and refrigerate for about 4-5 hours.
- After 4-5 hours, puree the raspberries in a food processor.
- Mix the pureed raspberry and one of the chia puddings together. Now you have one red chia pudding (with the pureed raspberry) and white chia pudding (without raspberry puree).
- In small glasses (or dessert dishes), add a layer of the white chia pudding and then add a layer of red chia pudding.
- Top the pudding with coconut flakes and some raspberries.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/2) — Calories: 232, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 36mg, Potassium: 279mg, Carbohydrates: 30g, Fiber: 16g, Sugar: 12g, Protein: 6g, Vitamin A: 6%, Vitamin C: 54%, Calcium: 37%, Iron: 15%
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like this Valentine’s Day Raspberry Chia Pudding recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates.
For more chia recipes, try my delicious Strawberry Coconut Chia Pudding.