Avoid dairy, refined sugar, and trans fat by making this healthy and delicious Dairy-Free Strawberry Ice Cream.
Welcome back to ice cream week. Today I am sharing with you a dairy-free strawberry ice cream that happens to be refined sugar-free as well. You may think this recipe is not very flavorful by the title, but I guarantee it tastes as good as a real frozen dessert and a great option to avoid dairy, sugar and trans fat in your ice cream.
This dairy-free ice cream is vegan and a really big deal because it is very creamy. The coconut milk helps to create almost the same texture as a traditional ice cream. Now, I have to be honest. If you don’t like the flavor of the coconut, you may not like this recipe because you can really taste the coconut flavor in there. However, to reduce the coconut flavor you can add only one cup of coconut milk and another cup of water. You will dilute the coconut milk. But if you love coconut flavor like me, this is a perfect ice cream recipe for you.
I chose to use strawberries for this recipe because it makes a really yummy combo with the coconut milk. And if you have really sweet strawberries, you can reduce the amount of honey in this recipe. It will be very flavorful and a great snack for your kids. Strawberries are such a healthy and delicious way to add sweetness to your recipes like this Low-carb No Bake Chocolate Strawberry Bars or Strawberry Chia Pudding.
I made this strawberry ice cream recipe a few days ago and my 1 year and a half old nephew loves it and to be honest, it wasn’t only him who enjoyed this recipe. My entire family really like it. This strawberry icecream was gone in two days.
One last tip before you jump to the recipe. Since this isn’t a very fatty ice cream, it will need to be in a counter to soften for about 30 minutes before you serve it. I hope you enjoy it! If you want to try more, check out this 10 Healthy Ice Cream Recipes post! Or if you’re in a strawberry mood, try these 10 Healthy Strawberry Summer Treats!
- Blend for about 3-5mins or until smooth.
- Then add honey, vanilla, and salt.
- Blend again for 1 minute or so.
- Pour into a container and place in a freezer.
- Freeze it for 3-5 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, let soften on a counter for 30 minutes.
- You need a powerful blender or food processor for this recipe as you do not want to burn out the motor.
- If you have really sweet strawberries, you can reduce the amount of honey in this recipe. If your strawberries aren't super ripe, add extra honey.
- This dairy-free strawberry ice cream is low in fat, so it takes longer to soften than traditional ice cream recipes. You can leave it at room temperature for a few minutes before you scoop the ice cream.
- To store: Keep tightly wrapped in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
And if you like this Dairy-free Strawberry Ice Cream recipes, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Ice Cream Recipes!