These easy Low-Carb Dinner Rolls are a great substitute to traditional bread recipe. They are soft inside, crispy outside and are made with almond flour and ground flaxseed. Easy, filling, and healthy!
These Low-Carb Dinner Rollsare about to become your favourite dinner rolls recipes even if you are not on a low-carb diet. It’s definitely a recipe that even the most sceptical of person wouldn’t even notice that these low-carb dinner rolls are actually healthy and made with almond flour instead of white flour.
When I was planning to make these low-carb dinner rolls, I was trying to make dinner rolls that not only look like the traditional one, but also I was trying to make them as delicious as it could be. Something that makes you wants to eat more and more and be as addictive as regular bread. So, I make these gluten-free and low-carb dinner rolls that will help your bread craving.
What are the ingredients to make these Low-carb Dinner Rolls?
For this recipe I used ingredients that probably if you follow a low-carb diet you already have in your pantry:
- Almond flour
- Ground Flaxseed
- Baking powder
- Olive oil
- Egg whites
- Apple cider vinegar
- Boiling water
- Pysllium husk powder
- Sesame seed to top
What is Psyllium Powder?
This is the only ingredient for this recipe that you may not have in your pantry. It is a very important ingredient because it helps all the ingredients to combine well. Psyllium husk powder is a type of soluble fiber and great for intestinal and gut health. Some researchers say that it also helps to regulate high cholesterol, triglycerides and blood sugar levels.
You can find it in your healthy local store or the healthy aisle of big supermarkets or you can easily order it online at Amazon and have in your hands in 1 or 2 days if you have Amazon Prime. You may be thinking “I don’t want to buy something that I will use only one time and then forget about it in my pantry”. But let me tell that if you are planning to bake low-carb recipes, you will use it a lot. Or if you make this low-carb dinner rolls and like them, you will be making this recipe a lot and consequently using psyllium powder too.
How to make Low-carb Dinner Rolls?
- First, you need to preheat the oven to 350F degrees and then begin to make your low-carb dinner rolls dough.
- Then, use a large glass bowl, add all the dry ingredients together such as almond flour, ground flaxseed flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder and salt.
- Once everything is mixed and combined, pour the olive oil, eggs whites, eggs into the dry ingredients bowl and using your hands mix well until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Then, you will add the apple cider vinegar. Gently and gradually pour the water over the dough a bit at time mixing the dough with your hands.
- Next,let the mixture stand for 30 minutes to firm up and meanwhile line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- After 30 minutes, using your hands, make a ball of the dough (the dough will make 6 balls. This will depend on how big you make your dinner rolls).
- Place the balls on the prepared baking tray, sprinkle some sesame seed on the top of the dinner rolls and bake for 30 minutes until golden and firm.
What to serve with Low-carb Dinner Rolls?
Some great company for these low-carb dinner rolls are:
- Ground Beef Butternut Squash Kale Soup
- Healthy Meatball Vegetable Soup
- Ground Turkey Soup with Veggie Roots
- Italian Sausage Tomato Sauce
- Healthier Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Spicy Turkey Meatballs with Veggies
Easy Low-carb Dinner Rolls
- First, pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- In a large bowl, add almond flour, ground flaxseed flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder and salt. Mix everything well until combined.
- Pour the olive oil, eggs whites, eggs and using your hands mix well until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and mix again.
- Gently pour the water over the dough, a bit at time and stir into the dough.
- Let the mixture stand for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With your hands, make a ball of the dough (the dough will make 6 balls).
- Place the balls on the prepared baking tray.
- Sprinkle some sesame seed on the top of the dinner rolls.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden and firm.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/6) — Calories: 255, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 62mg, Sodium: 706mg, Carbohydrates: 15g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 14g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like this Easy Low-carb Dinner Rolls recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.