This Zucchini Noodle Soup is quick and easy to make, full of flavor, low in carbs, gluten free and very delicious.
I am a huge fan of soups of any kind. I mean I have a strong LOVE for soups and I am not even kidding. It’s about a month that every time my husband asks me what you want to have for dinner I say “soup”. And every time he answers “really, again?? Why do you love soup? This is not a main dish!!!” And I always say “for me, it is”. I don’t know if I can say soup is my favorite dish ever, but I am someone that has a hard time to choose only one thing to say is my favorite, but soup is definitely on the top of my list for sure.I know it is summer time and normally people don’t like to have soup this time of the year, but I just couldn’t resist making this soup last weekend. I can’t stay without having soup for so long. Three months of summer is too much time without having soup. So, when I see some zucchinis at my local market I thought they could go so well in a summer soup.
I bought them and of course I spiralized because I am addicted to making veggies noodles this summer. Who doesn’t like to that?? It is so fun!! And the noodles are lighter, healthier, full of fiber and more flavorful than any traditional noodles out there. This time I didn’t used my favorite tool to make noodles, which is Spiralizer from Paderno, because for this soup I would like to make julienne noodles, instead of curly noodle (but feel free to use it if you prefer. No problem at all). For this reason, I used my julienne peeler. I made my zucchini noodles in seconds and they were perfect.
This soup is very easy to make. The only time consuming part is to chop some ingredients like red peppers, onions and potatoes. The broth you will use should be a very good one, because it is going to be the base for this soup. Also, just add your julienne zucchini noodles when the potatoes are done cooking otherwise your zucchini will be mushy or disintegrate. Zucchini cooks very quickly like in minutes. So, it should be the last ingredient added. I hope you enjoy this soup and let’s get started!!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page here.
Zucchini Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves — minced
- ¾ cup red onions, chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ¾ cup red potatoes, chopped
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups zucchini noodle or more if you prefer
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley — for garnishing
- In a large pot over high heat, add olive oil. When the pan and the oil are hot, turn the heat down to medium and add the garlic, red onions, red peppers and potatoes.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add broth and bring it to a boil. Add zucchini noodles, cover and simmer the zucchini for about 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary. Serve topped with fresh parsley.
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like Zucchini Noodle Soup, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Soup Recipes!