Enjoy this filling Turkey Sausage Vegetable Soup that is packed with the flavors of turkey sausage, tomatoes, parsnip and turnip. This is a very satisfying soup and it’ll warm you up during the cold weather.
One of my favourite things about fall is to make soups of any kind. I confess that I have an ongoing love affair with soups. I love them so much that I don’t even wait for the cold weather to have a delicious bowl of soup, even though I think soups taste even better during fall and winter. I also can’t forget to mention that I adore how our home smells good when the soup is cooking on the stove. It reminds me of my childhood when my mom, after arriving from work, would make soup for me and my sister. Good memories!
Wow, this is making me hungry right now just looking at these pictures! I want to make this soup again today! There are so many good things in there such as flavourful turkey sausage (you can replace turkey sausage with any other type of sausage) and yummy roots like parsnips, turnip and carrot. And although this is a soup, is also a complete meal because it has protein, good quality carbs and other nutrients from the veggies.
This soup cooks very fast because all the veggies are diced very small and the only thing that will take more time is to cook the sausage. I chose a turkey sausage because it is leaner than pork sausage, but if you use pork, I recommend you to remove the extra fat that comes from the sausage when it is cooked. Your soup will be lighter without all the fat.
Turkey Sausage Vegetable Soup
- 2 mediums turkey sausage — (or any Whole30 approved sausage)
- 2 tsps garlic — minced
- ½ cup yellow onions — diced
- 1 cup carrot — diced
- 1 cup parsnip — diced
- 1 cup turnip — diced
- ¾ cup celery — diced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup or crushed tomato — can
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp green onions — chopped
- In a large pot over high heat, brown the sausages until they are no longer pink.
- Spoon out part of the fat from the cooked sausage and add garlic, onions, carrot, parsnip, turnip and celery.
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add chicken broth, crushed tomato and bring it to a boil.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Cook for about 15 mins.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary.
- Sprinkle green onions over each serving.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 161, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 39mg, Sodium: 1200mg, Carbohydrates: 15g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 8g, Protein: 14g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
And if you like this Turkey Sausage Vegetable Soup recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More recipe to try!