This Spinach Sweet Potato Soup is a hearty and comforting meal that is so easy and quick to make, loaded with ground turkey, sweet potato, and spinach!
This week is going to be a soup week here on my blog which means Thursday I’ll be sharing one more delicious soup and on Saturday a soup roundup recipe. It is just a little way to celebrate one of the most desirable comforting winter meals.
I know spring is right at the corner and the temperatures are still below zero, but while the warmer weather is coming, I am more than open to having some of my favorite soups recipes such as chicken noodle soup, carrot parsnip soup or beet sweet potato soup. I enjoy these during my weeknight meals just because they are so easy to make, flavorful, and satisfying.
I guess by now you guys already know I have a love affair with sweet potatoes soups. I don’t know why but sweet potato is just great and even better in soup. Maybe it’s because they are more likely to absolve all the flavors from the broth. Mmm… yummy! And the other great ingredient we have in the recipe is the spinach which makes this soup even healthier and tasty. I love the combination of sweet potato and spinach! Got extra spinach? Make my Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts to go with this soup!
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
The best part of this Spinach Sweet Potato Soup is the extra-lean ground turkey that just makes this soup a complete meal with all the protein you need and it is low-fat too. You can add as much ground turkey to your soup as you like. It just depends on how you feel. The more you add, the more filling it’ll be. Also, if you don’t have ground turkey in your fridge, you can add turkey leftovers. I am sure it will be delicious!
- In a large pot over high heat, add olive oil. When the pan and the oil are hot, turn the heat down to medium.
- Add ground turkey and garlic. Stir occasionally and cook for about 10 minutes or so.
- Add onions, celery, red peppers and dried parsley. Cook until onions are gold brown.
- Add the sweet potato, broth and bring it to a boil.
- Cook for about 10 to 15mins.
- Add spinach, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and cook for 4 minutes more.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary.
- Make sure to cut your sweet potatoes as evenly as possible. You can buy pre-cut sweet potatoes to save some time.
- Don't have spinach? You can swap for any leafy greens such as kale.
- Feel free to swap the turkey for another ground meat of your choice.
- To store: Store leftover soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- To reheat: Reheat the soup in the microwave or on the stovetop until hot.
- To freeze: Freeze the soup for up to 3 months. Make sure you leave space when freezing as soup expands as it freezes.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
I hope I could inspire you to go to the kitchen and roast some vegetables today. Don’t forget the more you practice, the more you learn. Thank you so much for stopping by.
If you like this Spinach Sweet Potato Soup, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Soup Recipes!
This Pasta Soup with Sweet Potato is a quick-and-easy go-to meal!
Fresh and delicious Zucchini Soup!