This Chopped Salad with Tayberries is delicious. The tart flavour from the tayberrieswith some greens, red onions and chicken made this salad even better.
One of my favorite things to do with my husband is to go out for a long walk. I think it is a great way to spend time together because we can exercise, talk and see different things at the same time. We often walk around our neighborhood because we live in the downtown core where you can always find many interesting things on the streets. We always have fun doing it, specially now that it is summer time.
Few weeks ago, my husband and I were walking again close by our home and we saw a new and small farmers market where we found only local fresh fruits and veggies. He promptly asked if I would like to get to know the store and I said YES, OF COURSE. There were so many fresh and juicy fruits, but the one that grabbed my attention the most was a little and red fruit called tayberry.
It was totally new for me. When the saleswoman said the name of this fruit I asked immediately “how do you spell this name, please?” cause English is not my first language and every time I hear a new word I just can memorize this word if I know how to spell it. I am a very visual person, so I have to visualize the name in my head to memorize it… Anyway, then she explained to me that this fruit is a cross between a blackberry and red raspberry.
So, to get on with this story, we bought a little tayberry box just to know how it tastes. We enjoyed having them naturally, but since tayberries have a strong and tart flavour I thought it could go really well in a salad. And I was right! This tart flavor with some greens, red onions and chicken brought this chopped salad to a different level.
Now, of course you can still be able to make this summer chopped salad with any other berries you have on hand. But if you have a chance to make with tayberries I am pretty sure you will enjoy it as much as me.
- • 1 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- • Salt and pepper
- • ½ cup roughly-chopped toasted walnut
- • 1 head Romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- • 1 cup fresh tayberries
- • 2/3 cup diced red onion
- • ½ cup [url href=”http://www.primaverakitchen.com/how-to-make-basic-vinaigrette/” target=”_blank”]homemade vinaigrette [/url]
- In a[url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056FTP2I/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=primakitch04-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B0056FTP2I&linkId=57c45454e4af6551c708b0c554a489fa” target=”_blank”]medium sauté pan[/url], heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Set the chicken aside for about 8-10 minutes and then cut chicken into small pieces.
- In a [url href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LGLHUA0/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=primakitch04-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00LGLHUA0&linkId=6b66e1d89bf6f3677f261bcffa9d2e9e” target=”_blank”]medium size bowl[/url], add all the ingredients, except the homemade vinaigrette. Mix all the ingredients to thoroughly. Then pour vinaigrette over the salad and toss really well. Taste and adjust the seasoning if you think it is necessary.
If you like this Chopped Salad with Tayberries recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
Let’s make Homemade Basic Vinaigrette! It is so easy and very flavourful!
Fresh and Delicious Quinoa Salad with Roasted Asparagus!!
This Tabbouleh Salad is loaded with cherry tomatoes, cucumber and parsley!
This is a fresh and quick Quinoa Mediterranean Salad!