This Mediterranean quinoa salad is very easy to make. All you need is to add cherry tomatoes, bocconcini, fresh basil and vinaigrette to the cooked quinoa.
Today, I am sharing my Mediterranean quinoa salad. This recipe is full of juicy cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, fresh basil and of course, cheese. My husband always says that everything tastes better with cheese. So, I had to include bocconcini cheese for him and it turned out great. I like to use bocconcini cheese in my salads because they have a spongy texture. So, it absorbs easily the flavors from any salad dressing.
There’s just something SO good about Mediterranean food. Some of my other favourites are Mediterranean Chicken Skillet Recipe, Easy Mediterranean Salad Recipe (see the Web Story here), Easy Mediterranean Chopped Salad, and Instant Pot Mediterranean Chicken Recipe. The chicken recipes especially, go really well with this quinoa salad.
As always, a quinoa salad can be packed with full of flavors and is very versatile. You can serve alongside pretty much any main dish. I particularly love quinoa salad with white fish or salmon.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
Besides that, this salad is very easy to put together and does not take much time. All you need is to add cherry tomatoes, bocconcini and fresh basil to the cooked quinoa. Then, pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss very well. It’s as simple as that! Oh! I almost forget to mention that I made the salad in the afternoon, and kept it in the fridge until dinnertime. I think Mediterranean Quinoa Salad tastes better this way because the dressing has more time to be absorbed by the ingredients.
- In a bowl, place the cooked quinoa, add the remaining ingredients and pour the homemade vinaigrette over the salad.
- Lightly toss everything together.
- Adjust the seasoning if you think it is necessary. Now, it is ready to serve.
- Remember to rinse the quinoa before cooking so they don't taste bitter.
- If you do not have pearl bocconcini cheese, feel free to use whatever cheese you have on hand. Mozzarella balls are a great alternative.
- You can buy seedless cucumbers to save yourself the time of removing the seeds.
- To store: I recommend not adding the dressing to the salad if you plan on storing it in the fridge as it can get soggy. This salad lasts for up to 4 days in the fridge when stored separately.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like this recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
Have a wonderful day 😉
More quinoa recipes for you!
How to make fluffy quinoa: Follow these simple steps to make perfect quinoa!
There’s something special about a warm salad. This Warm Collard Quinoa Salad is full of flavor and healthy at the same time.
This Easy and Quick Quinoa Salad is perfect for packing for the office or serving for a lighter and healthy dinner.