This post is sponsor by Grocery Gateway. As always all opinions are 100% mine.
This amazing Cajun Salmon with Strawberry Salsa recipe is loaded with lots of flavours from the Cajun seasoning, which has smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, ground coriander seed, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper, just like my Cajun Grilled Chicken with Black Bean Mango Salad.
Trust me with all these spices; your salmon will be out of this world. On top of that the sweet-savoury strawberry salsa pairs really well with all the spices on the salmon.
This recipe is very easy to make. All you need to do is to add all the spices in a small bowl and mix well to combine. After that, you rub it over the salmon and bake at 400˚F for about 20 minutes. The cooking time will vary according to the thickness of the salmon.
While the salmon is in the oven you can make the strawberry salsa, which is even easier to prepare than the Cajun salmon. Just like my 5-Ingredient Peach Salsa Recipe, you only need to chop all the ingredients, add to a bowl and toss with lime juice. Easy!
Another exciting thing about this recipe is that all the ingredients I used was ordered online at Grocery Gateway by Longos. If you live in Toronto or Great Toronto Area this is an awesome and very convenient way to get your groceries.
Their website is full of fresh, local and seasonal foods as well as gluten-free, artisanal products and prepared meals. In fact they have more than 12,000 items (fresh produce and pantry items too) for you to choose.
I absolutely loved the experience I had ordering my groceries. It was faster than I thought because Grocery Gateway website is great to navigate, organized and you can easily find everything you are looking for. All you have to do is to go to grocerygateway.com, select your items and choose a 90-minute delivery window.
Then your groceries will be delivered straight to your door. When I say “straight” I mean even if you live in a condo; they won’t leave your groceries at the front desk. Your groceries are hand-delivered to your door just like a pizza delivery guy. So cool! I also loved how carefully packed all the food was and the cool items arrived chilled. I can’t forget to mention that the items you order are picked by a personal shopper who chooses only the freshest and finest.
Isn’t that amazing? I love the idea of doing groceries online, specially because I have a little 1 year old boy, who doesn’t enjoy shopping at all. I can’t wait to do this again and if you are interested in doing grocery online as well you can use my code GGOliva2017 and get a 15$ off of your order (it’s one-time use only). Please be aware that his code is time sensitive and it expires on October 1, 2017.
Let’s check this Cajun Salmon with Strawberry Salsa recipe out!
For the Salmon
For the Strawberry Salsa
- 1 cup red onions chopped
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper chopped
- 2 cups strawberry chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- In a large bowl place salmon and pour 4 tbsp of lime juice. Leave the salmon to ‘cure’ for 5 mins.
- In a small bowl add paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, coriander, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place salmon on the prepared baking sheet, skin-side down, and rub each salmon fillet with the spice mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (the time will depend on the thickness of the salmon fillets and the power of the oven.)
- While the salmon fillets are in the oven, prepare the strawberry salsa by tossing all the salsa ingredients together in a bowl.
- Remove the salmon fillets from the oven and let it cool down before top them with the strawberry salsa. Enjoy!
- All of these ingredients you can order online at Grocery Gateway if you like in Toronto or Great Toronto Area. For those who don’t live in Toronto, you can order the ingredients with Chicory.
- The skin gets so crispy and is so tasty, so keep the skin on!
- Make sure the pat dry the salmon before cooking, so the salmon won't steam.
- To store: Put leftover salmon into an airtight glass container and keep for up to 3 days.
- To reheat: Rewarm leftovers in the microwave or gently in the oven.
- To freeze: Freeze in a freezer-safe bag once the salmon fillets have reached room temperature. Freeze for up to 4 months.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
And if you like this Cajun Salmon with Strawberry Salsa recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.