You would never guess that these Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies are healthy cookies! Despite being gluten free and dairy free, these cookies still taste decadent and delicious.
If you’re looking for a delicious healthy cookie to make for your cookie box this holiday season, look no further than these simple but tasty cranberry chocolate chip cookies! The cranberries give these cookies such a fun festive vibe and if you’re not big on baking but still want to make something for the holidays, these cookies are perfect.
To make these cookies, all you do is combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and then scoop them out to be baked! That’s it. No need to whip any egg whites, no need to lug out a mixer, and no need for any fancy ingredients either! You don’t even need a whisk to whisky everything together if you don’t have one. A wooden spoon would work in a pinch. I promise this is going to be the least complicated holiday cookie you’ll ever make.
So how is this gluten-free and dairy-free while still being moist and soft? Instead of flour, we use cashew nut butter. It essentially acts as the flour and butter and binds the cookies together and keeps it moist. Plus, nut butters such as the cashew butter we use, add plant protein and fibre to our cookies!
Looking for more cookies to make this holiday season? Try my Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies, Low-Carb Peanut Butter Cookies, Low-carb Cranberry Thumbprint Cookies, or my Sugar-free Nutella Thumbprint Cookies.
How to Make this Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Organic cashew butter
- Natural sweetener xylitol or any other sweetener of your preference
- Egg — best at room temperature
- Vanilla extract — avoid artificial vanilla
- Baking soda
- Kosher salt
- Dried cranberries
- Sugar-free dark chocolate chips
Prepare the Oven and Equipment
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
Make the Dough
- In a medium bowl, whisk all the ingredients together, except the cranberries and chocolate chips.
- When all the ingredients are combined, add the chocolate chips and cranberries and mix well.
Bake the Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the batter onto the tray with silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Let them cool completely to remove from the baking sheet.
Tips for Making the Perfect Cookies
- It is very important that you allow the cookies to cool completely before you transfer them to a wire rack or a covered container, because they are very delicate when they are hot. You may break them if you don’t wait at least 8 minutes to cool down.
- They may look undercooked after 9 minutes baking, but when they cool down you will see how soft and perfect they are. However, if you prefer crispier cookies, I suggest you to leave the cookies in the oven for 3 more minutes.
- No need to chill the cookie dough before baking!
- Be sure you stir your cashew butter before using as sometimes the oil and nut butter separates when stored in your pantry.
- If you don’t have cashew butter, you can substitute with almond butter or peanut butter.
- To make these a little bit prettier, you can press some extra chocolate chips and dried cranberries on top of the raw cookie dough balls before baking. This way, after you bake them, the chocolate and cranberries will be visible on top.
Can Cookies Be Made Ahead of Time?
Don’t want to bake your cookies on the day of an event or when you need them? No problem. You can bake them a week ahead of time or freeze them for later! To store them, place them in an airtight container or ziploc bag. They last for about a week in room temperature. If they’re left out on a plate, they will go stale faster so make sure they’re stored correctly.
How to Freeze Cookies
- Baked cookies can be frozen for up to 3 months. Be sure to thaw overnight in the fridge.
- If you would like to freeze the dough, you can freeze it in the ball form so you can bake it straight from frozen afterwards. Just be sure to freeze it in a single layer in a baking tray before transferring it into a freezer safe bag.
More Desserts You Might Like
- Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies
- Cranberry Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten-free Chocolate Beet Cake
- Low-carb Cranberry Thumbprint Cookies
- Low-Carb Almond Butter Chocolate Truffles
Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
First, pre-heat the oven to 350.
In a medium bowl, whisk all the ingredients together, except the cranberries and chocolate chips.
When all the ingredients are combined, add the chocolate chips and cranberries and mix well.
Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the batter onto the tray with silicone mat or parchment paper.
Bake for 9 minutes. Let them cool completely to remove from the baking sheet. Makes 22 cookies.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/22) — Calories: 65, Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 8mg, Sodium: 113mg, Potassium: 8mg, Carbohydrates: 12g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 11g, Protein: 1g
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!