Easy One-Pot Cauliflower Curry Recipe is ready in 20 minutes. It’s made with cauliflower, green peas, diced tomatoes, curry powder, and coconut milk. This recipe is gluten-free and vegan. If you don’t add green peas, it’s low-carb too.
This is the first time I am alone with my baby boy while my husband is traveling for work. Last week, I was with my in-laws in Montreal, which was awesome. They helped me a lot, and I couldn’t be more grateful. But this week, I am on my own back in Toronto. I have to be honest. It’s hasn’t been very easy.
My husband is a huge helper at home. From the moment he returns from work until the time our son Thomas goes to bed, Pierre is with him – playing, feeding him dinner, bath time. Normally, he stays with Thomas while I prepare dinner. So, you guys can imagine how much I’ve been missing my husband.
I know it won’t be his last work trip, but maybe one day, he will travel for fewer days. Currently, he always travels for two weeks. That would be great for Tomtom and me. But at least Thomas is a very calm boy. So, that definitely helps a bit. I thought I wouldn’t be able to cook without the help of my husband and be relying on my freezer Spicy Carrot Soup stash, but I was actually able to make this delicious One-Pot Cauliflower Curry Recipe, inspired by my One-pan Coconut Shrimp Curry while my son played quietly with his toys for about 30 minutes. Isn’t that great?
This recipe is so easy to make and only requires 20 minutes to be ready and on your table. It’s made with simple ingredients that you may already have in your kitchen, such as diced tomatoes, green peas, cauliflower, onions, coconut milk, and spices like curry and coriander. This One-Pot Cauliflower Curry Recipe is gluten-free, vegan, and super flavourful. If you don’t add the green peas, it becomes low-carb too. On top of that, you only need one pan to cook this meal, making cleanup a breeze. So, this recipe is perfect for busy people! I hope you enjoy it. 😉
Hopefully this week, Thomas will allow me to make this Sausage with Brussels Sprouts Skillet and Ground Beef Butternut Squash Kale Soup as well. They’re quick enough that I should be able to make it while he’s distracted!
See below for how to make this Easy One-Pot Cauliflower Curry Recipe:
Easy One-Pot Cauliflower Curry Recipe
- 1 medium cauliflower head - cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups white onions - chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups diced tomatoes with the juice from the can
- 2 cups green peas - frozen or fresh, optional
- 1¾ cups coconut milk from a can - not from a carton
- In a large pot, add 2 cups of water, and place a steamer in the bottom.
- Bring the water to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets to the steamer basket, cover the pot, and steam for about 6-8 minutes until tender.
- Remove the steamer basket and cauliflower from the pot, and let the cauliflower cool for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Return the pot without the water to the stove, add the oil, and heat over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic, and sauté until the onions are tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the cumin powder, coriander, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine everything well.
- Add the tomatoes and green peas, and stir in the coconut milk. Bring to a simmer, and return the cauliflower to the pot.
- Cook everything together for 3-5 minutes before serving.
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!
If you like this Easy One-Pot Cauliflower Curry recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Try these 60 Incredible Whole30 Recipes and subscribe to my newsletter, and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipe updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.