If you love fried rice, but don’t enjoy the amount of carbs that comes with it, you’ll love this Easy Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe. It’s ready in less than 20 minutes and it’s loaded with veggies such as cauliflower, onions, carrots and green peas. Also it’s low-carb, gluten-free (if you use gluten-free soy sauce), vegetarian and it can be vegan too if you replace eggs for tofu.
You can make it very quick because the cauliflower and all the veggies used in this recipe cook very fast. The only thing that gives you a little bit of work is to cut the cauliflower into florets and pulse them in a food processor for about 30 seconds. Once it’s done, you chop the onions and carrots and mince the garlic. Then, all is set to start cooking. You just need to cook the eggs, then add all the rest of the ingredients in the skillet and stir everything well until all is fully cooked. Easy, right?
Seriously I can’t think about something easier than that, making this Easy Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe perfect for your busy weeknight dinners. And the best part, all the ingredients are so simple that you probably already have them in your kitchen/pantry. For sure, you don’t even need a shopping list for this recipe.
It’s a healthy meal for your whole family because it’s full of veggies, and if you prefer you can add more veggies in there too like broccoli, celery or even cabbage.
For this recipe I also used eggs because I love them and it adds protein to this dish, which means you have a complete meal. You can also replace the eggs with tofu if you are vegan or simply omit them. It’s totally up to you. Either way you will have a delicious recipe to enjoy for dinner or lunch during the week.
Love this Easy Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe? Let’s try to make it!
Easy Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe
This Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe’s ready in less than 20 minutes and it’s loaded with veggies such as cauliflower, onions, carrots and green peas. Also it’s low-carb, gluten-free, vegetarian and it can be vegan too if you replace the eggs for tofu.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 beaten eggs
- ½ cup white onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- Fresh black pepper for taste
- 6 green onions, minced
- Sesame seed for garnishing
- Pulse the cauliflower florets in a food processor for about 25-30 seconds until it’s a rice-like consistency.
- In a large skillet add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil over medium heat. Add the eggs and stir them until they are cooked. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add one more tablespoon of sesame oil, onion, carrot and garlic. Cook until the veggies are fully cooked.
- Add the cauliflower rice, green peas, soy sauce, black pepper and the cooked eggs. Mix everything well to combine. Be careful to not cook a lot the cauliflower otherwise it will become soggy.
- Before serving top with green onions and sesame seed. Enjoy!
Yield: 4, Serving Size: 1/4
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 210
- Total Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 127mg
- Sodium: 549mg
- Carbohydrates: 15.1g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Sugar: 5.9g
- Protein: 9g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
And if you like this Easy Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.