I have good news today. Last Friday I had one of the most beautiful and emotional moments of my life: My first nephew was born. Bento Ribas Costa was born on November 28th at 01:29am. He was 7.71 pounds and 19.6 inches long. He is a cute and lovely baby. He sleeps a lot during the day and during the night he is awake, but this is totally normal, right?! 🙂 My family and I are enjoying every single moment with him and we are very happy because now we have one more new member of our family. So exciting!!! It is time to celebrate life and love.
I love being an aunt. I already love him so much like he was my own baby. It is unbelievable how we can love someone that we just met. When I saw him being born I couldn’t help my myself crying, I was so emotional. It was one of the best days of my life! I am finally an aunt and I couldn’t be happier. My nephew is beautiful, perfect and so loved and wanted. I am so grateful for being able to be there to watch my nephew enter the world. It is something I will never forget.
Now, let’s talk about this gluten free chocolate chunk cookies for the holidays, because that’s why you are visiting my blog, right? 😉 These cookies are gluten free because I used multi-propose gluten free flour. This is the first time I used all propose gluten free flour and I am glad I did, because you don’t need to blend the many different flours (rice flour, brown rice flour, tapioca starch and potato starch) like most gluten-free recipes. I really recommend this flour because it will save you time in the kitchen and taste very good.
I reduced the amount of sugar in this recipe because I think the sweetness of the chocolate chunks is enough for my taste, but if you want, you can add ¾ cup sugar instead of ½ cup sugar. I also melted in the microwave chocolate chunks and added to the batter because it makes the cookies even softer and chewy inside. One last thing, please don’t forget to allow the cookies to cool completely before you transfer them to a wire rack or a covered container, because they are very delicate when they are hot.
So, I hope these cookies can really bring more joy during your Holidays celebrations.
For more delicious, chewy, soft and healthy cookies visit my Skinny Cookies Pinterest Board!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 2 organic eggs
- ½ cup raw sugar
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- 5 oz dark chocolate chunks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 5 oz Chocolate Chips
- First, preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the eggs, sugar and oil, beat on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 or 4 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- In another bowl add the gluten free flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Whisk everything together very well and set aside.
- Meanwhile melt 5 ounces of the chocolate chunks in a microwave for about 30-45 seconds.
- Add the vanilla and melted chocolate into the eggs, sugar and oil mixture, beat on high until fully combine.
- Turn the mixer down to low and add about half of the flour mixture, beating until nearly combined.
- Add the rest of the flour and keep mixing until fully mixed.
- Add the chocolate chip and mix on low for about 5-10 seconds until evenly combined.
- Line 2-3 large baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- With a medium cookie scoop, scoop cookie batter on each baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/15) — Calories: 217, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 22mg, Sodium: 93mg, Potassium: 52mg, Carbohydrates: 26g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 8g, Protein: 3g, Vitamin A: 1%, Calcium: 1%, Iron: 4%
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like this recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More delicious gluten free treats
These Cranberry Chocolate Chips Cookies don’t require flour and it is make with cashew butter.
These Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies are the easiest and quickest cookie recipe ever!
These Peanut Butter White Chocolate Chip Cookies are gluten free and loaded with healthy fat!