These Chocolate Chunk Hazelnut Cookies are gluten-free, soft, chewy, and loaded with dark chocolate chunk and hazelnut flour!
Tomorrow it is going to be Canada Day, which means we are all going to have a day off to celebrate this special day for Canadians. Normally my husband and I like to go to a park to watch the spectacular explosions of the fireworks. However, this year it is going to be a little different for us because my husband is traveling for work and I will be heading over to New York city tomorrow to visit one of my closest friends who just moved from Chicago to this wonderful place.
I am very excited because I’ve always dreamed to visit NY. Now it is a good time because I’ll be there with a great company who already knows the city well. I wish my husband could be with us but sometimes life doesn’t happen the way we expect. So, better than staying here alone for 2 weeks I am going to meet my childhood friend and visit for the first time this wonderful place.
We already planned lots of things to do. I hope we will have time to do everything on our list. But in case we are out of time we already decided our top 5 places to go because when you organized your day you save time and you are able to enjoy more the city.
I really would love to visit the American Museum of Natural History, the Central Park and the Empire State Building. I’ve been wishing to visit those three places for years. I am also really excited because I will be in USA for the July 4th. Everybody says it is a big celebration, so I can’t wait for this weekend.
Now let’s talk about the today recipe. I’ve never used hazelnut flour before, but I loved to bake with it because it provides a different twist on the usual almond flour cookies. It has more texture than the almond flour. The hazelnut gives these Chocolate Chunk Hazelnut Cookies a very rich, nutty flavor throughout the cookie. They are also smooth and gooey. On top of that, the big chocolate chunks throughout cookie makes the cookies soft in the center. I really hope you enjoy this recipe and give it a try.
Chocolate Chunk Hazelnut Cookies
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups hazelnut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chunk + more for topping — I used Lindt 70% cacao
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Add the coconut oil and maple syrup in a large bowl and stir well.
- Then, add the egg and vanilla and whisk together until combined.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the [url:2]hazelnut flour[/url], baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chunk.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the batter onto the tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Press down gently with your fingers to flatten slightly.
- Top each with a few additional chocolate chunk, if desired.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Let them cool completely to remove from the baking sheet, otherwise the cookies may break apart.
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like Chocolate Chunk Hazelnut Cookies recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More cookie recipes