Grilled Chicken Avocado Salad is a great salad for spring and summer! It’s made with chopped lettuce, cucumber, red onions, sliced avocado topped and grilled chicken and dressed with an easy lemon-olive oil dressing. Definitely, this flavourful protein packed salad is a great option for a light lunch or dinner!
I’m so happy that finally the weather is getting warmer here in Canada, which means patio season is coming soon. I love being outside enjoying the sunny days, nature and the beautiful blue skies. Also, one of the things that I love doing during summer is to have dinner outside, specially BBQ meals. So good and fresh! So, that’s why I am sharing with you today this Grilled Chicken Avocado Salad that is perfect for summer weeknight dinners.
It’s healthy, easy to make, incredibly delicious, and it’s done is just few minutes. You also can make this recipe with all the veggies you have in your fridge and enjoy this quick Grilled Chicken Avocado Salad with your family. This salad is one of my family favourites! Sometime I make this recipe with cherry tomatoes and bell pepper too or I also have this salad with chimichuri sauce on top. Holy wow!! So good!
If you don’t have a grill, you can still make this Grilled Chicken Avocado Salad using a cast iron grill pan:
I’m not going to lie. Almost every time we have grill meat, chicken and fish in my home, my husband is the one who makes it because he enjoys to BBQ. On the other hand I don’t like to use our grill as much. So, when I feel like eating a grill chicken I use my cast iron grill pan for stovetop. I love mine because it’s very safe to use on all types of heat sources, including gas, electric, and induction, and oven safe up to 500F. It’s very resistant and dishwasher safe, which is always a plus, right? It’s made in France and the quality of this grill is amazing. And it definitely has the best price when you compare with the other grill pans in the market. Check it out at Amazon.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page here.
Reasons why you should make this Grilled Chicken Avocado Salad:
- It’s fresh!
- It’s packed with protein.
- It’s easy and quick to make.
- It only takes 10 minutes to be ready.
- It’s Whole30, paleo, low-carb and gluten-free.
Grilled Chicken Avocado Salad
For the Chicken Breast
For the Salad
- 5 cups lettuce — chopped
- 1 cup cucumber — sliced
- ½ avocado — sliced
- ½ cup red onions — sliced
For the Salad Dressing
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of red crushed pepper
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
For the Chicken
- Season chicken with hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on a greased grill or grill pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked though.
- Leave the breast chicken to cool down, slice it and set aside.
For the Salad
- In a large salad bowl, add first the lettuce, and then top it with cucumber, red onions and avocado.
- In a mason jar, pour the freshly squeezed lemon juice and olive oil. Add salt and pepper and red crushed pepper. Whisk everything together. Continue to whisk while streaming in the olive oil. Taste to check the seasoning and pour over the salad.
- Add the sliced breast chicken. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/2) — Calories: 360, Fat: 23g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 70mg, Sodium: 774mg, Carbohydrates: 10g, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 6g, Protein: 27g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!