This Cajun Shrimp Skewers with Corn Salad is an easy and practical summertime BBQ dish for lunch or dinner. This is a gluten-free dish, which takes only 15 minutes to be ready.
Today I am here with another easy grill recipe for you to enjoy during summer. Again I am using my Cajun seasoning in this recipe because to be honest with you I can’t get enough of it. I totally love this spicy mix since it is full of flavor and transforms any bland meal into a memorable dish. I also would like to point out that you could use this Cajun seasoning to make not only Shrimp skewers, but skewer of chicken, pork, lamb and even fish such as salmon.
I chose to make Shrimp Skewers because it is an easier and practical way to grill shrimp. When you don’t use wooden skewers to grill shrimp, they may get stuck between the grill or can fall down. Another thing I like to use when I am grilling small pieces of meat or seafood, it is to grill it on a grill pan over the BBQ. It works really good and I really recommend it.
This cajun shrimp skewers with corn salad recipe is easy with minimal prep and it is ready in less than 10 minutes. Of course, I prepared it fast because I made my own Cajun spice in advance and I stored it in mason jar (affiliate link).
This Cajun shrimp is perfect for a dinner for four people and can be served over rice or quinoa salad. It is also a great option for lunch with a green salad. If you take the shrimps off the skewers you can use them in sandwiches, wrap and even tacos. That’s why I can confirm that this recipe will be a big hit with your family and friends at a BBQ/patio party.
Now let’s talk about this corn salad. I have to say that it makes delicious use of our summer corn. This corn salad with basil and tomatoes is very simple, but yet delicious and perfect to enjoy on a hot summer day. I need to confess that this time I didn’t use fresh corn. I used canned corn to save time, but I am sure this salad tastes even better right off the cob. It is colorful, gluten-free, tossed in olive oil and lemon juice and it goes really well with any grilled dish. It is great served warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Cajun Shrimp Skewers with Corn Salad
For Cajun Skewers shrimp
- 1 lb large shrimp — peeled and deveined, but with tail on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic — minced
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 6 medium wooden skewers
For Corn Salad
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes — cut in half
- ½ cup small-diced red onion
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup julienned fresh basil leaves
For Cajun Skewers shrimp
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towels.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before grilling (It will avoid burning of the sticks).
- Preheat grill to medium-high (400°F).
- In a large bowl add shrimp, olive oil, garlic and Cajun seasoning.
- Mix everything together.
- Skewer 4 shrimp on each damp skewer.
- Place a grill pan on grill.
- Place the skewers on the grill pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the shrimps are pink and fully cooked.
For Corn Salad
- Put cooked corn kernels, cherry tomatoes, red onion, crumbled feta cheese, salt and pepper in a medium salad bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice and toss. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 278, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 187mg, Sodium: 1160mg, Potassium: 316mg, Carbohydrates: 17g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 8g, Protein: 33g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
Please, if you recreate this recipe, please take a picture and hash tag #primaverakitchen on Instagram! I would love to see your version. And if you like this Cajun Shrimp Skewers with Corn Salad recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
Cajun Seasoning Recipe!