This Pasta Soup with Sweet Potato and Peas is a great recipe for fall. This filling soup is full of fiber, low in fat, and is a quick-and-easy go-to meal!
I just came back from Chicago and I am so excited to tell you about my great weekend. I stayed there from Thursday to Monday afternoon. I loved everything from that beautiful city, especially the deep dish pizza. OMG, what is that? ABSOLUTELY D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S!!! I couldn’t get enough of it. Please don’t judge but I have to confess … I even had the leftovers for breakfast next morning. I know, I know… this is not healthy, but once in a while, it’s okay, right? And what about the Sprinkles Cupcake store, guys? Their cupcakes are awesome!! I’ve never tried a cupcake from Sprinkles before, but now I am in love! Oh, Gosh … why don’t we have Sprinkles in Canada?
My childhood friend showed me everything I wanted to see like the Millennium Park, Willis Tower, and the Chicago River Architecture Tour. We also went to the RPM Steakhouse and let me tell you guys … IT WAS DIVINE! It was one of the best restaurants I’ve been to. I truly recommended this restaurant if you want to taste a marvelous, good quality meat. But unfortunately, the weather wasn’t very good. It was actually very cold, but I am used to this type of weather since I live in a winter land 😉
So, talking about the cold weather, why not to make a delicious soup recipe? Is there a better food for the chilly days? I guess not. Nothing beats a warm and delicious bowl of homemade hot soup when the temperatures are below zero. It is so easy to make and healthier than canned soup. Those cans should be forgotten forever, right? Making soup is so easy. There’s really no excuse for buying canned soups.
Subscribe for new recipes & a free e-cookbook
This filling Pasta Soup with Sweet Potato and Peas is full of fiber, low in fat, and a quick-and-easy go-to meal. This time I decided to add brown rice pasta to make this soup even more of a comfort food. For soup, we should use a small pasta. A good rule is the thinner the soup, the smaller the pasta. For broths and light soups, select from a large assortment of tiny shapes.
Thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my healthy recipe posts? Follow my Primavera Kitchen Board on Pinterest for healthy recipes like my Spring Quinoa Salad or tutorials like How to Hard Boil Eggs and Soups and Stews Pinterest Board. You can also check out this post on 30 Healthy Soup Recipes for more!
- In a large pot over high heat, add olive oil.
- When the pan and the oil are hot, turn the heat down to medium and add the onions and garlic.
- Sauté until onions are translucent. Add red pepper and sweet potato. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and bring it to a boil. Add brown rice pasta. Cover and cook according to the package instructions.
- Add peas, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper and cook for 4 minutes more.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary. Serve topped with fresh parsley.
- If you're worried about salt, you can use low sodium vegetable broth and season to taste.
- Feel free to use frozen peas. Add the peas to the soup directly from frozen.
- Make sure the vegetables are chopped uniformly and into small bite-sized pieces so you don't have large evenly chunks when you try to take a bite.
- To store: Store leftover soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- To reheat: Reheat the soup in the microwave or on the stovetop until hot.
- To freeze: Freeze the soup for up to 3 months. Make sure you leave space when freezing as liquid expands as it freezes. The texture of the pasta may change when frozen and thawed.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
If you like this Pasta Soup with Sweet Potato and Peas recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More Soup recipes
Fresh and Easy Zucchini Soup
This Beet and Sweet Potato Soup is ready in 20 minutes.