This ultra-flavorful Chicken Vegetable Soup is all you need to stay warm and healthy. It’s also gluten-, grain-, and dairy-free as well as paleo and low-carb!
I was looking at my other soup recipes here on the blog like Turkey Sausage Vegetable Soup, Ground Turkey Soup with Veggie Roots, Kale Tomato Tortellini Soup, Pasta Soup with Sweet Potato and Peas, and Spinach Sweet Potato Soup and I realized all my posts always say the same thing: Soup is my favorite kind of meal during the winter season. I also say I don’t mind having soup all year long even when the weather is really hot. I don’t know what it is, but there is something about soups that just make me crave them more and more every time I have one.
I wish my husband would agree with me about that because he isn’t a huge fan of soups. Of course, when I make a soup, he always has a big bowl of it and he seems to enjoy it. However, he always says that soup is not a main course. He is always expecting to have something else after his bowl of soup… hahhahaha! I know, technically, he is right. But because this recipe has lots of veggies and chicken, I can guarantee to you that you will feel very satisfied. This Chicken Vegetable Soup is nutritious with all the veggies in it and the chicken brings more protein to your soup bowl.
This soup is very easy to make although you will need a little bit of time to chop all the ingredients. But once your ingredients are chopped, all you have to do is sauté the onions, carrots, turnip, and bell pepper for few minutes. Add garlic and all the rest of the ingredients and cook for about 15 minutes. Isn’t that easy? You will have food on the table in less than 30 minutes. This Chicken Vegetable Soup definitely will make you feel warm and happy 😉
Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion — chopped
- 1 ¾ cup carrot — diced
- ¾ cup turnip — diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper — diced
- 4 cloves garlic — minced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes from a can
- ½ cup crushed tomato — (can)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon roughly chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over high heat.
- When the oil is hot, turn the heat down to medium.
- Add onion, carrot, turnip, and bell pepper.
- Sauté for 5-7 minutes or until the onions are soft and translucent. Don’t forget to stir occasionally.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the fresh parsley)
- Bring to a boil and simmer partially covered for 10-15 minutes.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/6) — Calories: 144, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 44mg, Sodium: 1335mg, Potassium: 469mg, Carbohydrates: 8g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 5g, Protein: 26g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like this Chicken Vegetable Soup recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you want to taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by.
More soup recipes to try!