Find out how to cook salmon in the oven with this super simple baked method. Quick, easy, healthy and delicious!
I’ve been cooking salmon for years as you can see on my salmon category recipes. Here you’ll find lots of salmon recipes that are great for weeknight dinners. Salmon recipes with melted butter, olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, fresh herbs and lots of seasonings.
But, I have to say that today I’m sharing with you the easiest, simplest way on how to cook salmon. If you want a delicious, healthy and easy meal for dinner during the week, this baked salmon recipe is perfect for you.
It’s the kind of recipe to keep in your book for any occasion really since it’s so versatile. Season with your favourite kinds of seasoning and bake at 375˚F for 10 to 15 minutes! Serve with delicious salad, roasted veggies, rice or mashed potatoes/cauliflower and make some dips and spreads. Wow so good!
Salmon is already a very flavourful fish and for this reason all seasonings you use to cook salmon in the oven will enhance even more the flavours of this recipe.
My favourite seasonings to cook salmon in the oven are: coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper, paprika, Cajun seasoning and some fresh herbs like fresh parsley, oregano, or dill. Mm… Delicious!
How long to bake salmon
It depends on the size and thickness of your salmon fillet. If your fillet is thick, I would say about 15 minutes in the oven at 375ºF. But if it is a normal size, I would say about 12-13 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
How to cook salmon in the oven?
I make this oven baked salmon recipe for weeknight meal very often. We all love it especially my little one. I love making this recipe because it’s very simple to make and it takes about 10 minutes to cook, depending on the thickness of your salmon. So, here is how I make it:
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F and place a rack in the middle of the oven. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or if you prefer just use a cast iron skillet like a did.
2. Remove salmon from the fridge and pat the salmon fillets with a paper towel to dry. This way olive oil will stick easily on top of the salmon.
3. Place salmon (skin-side down – this is very important) in the baking sheet or cast iron skillet. And then, drizzle some oil over the top of each salmon fillet. Here you can use a pastry brush or your fingers to rub the oil all over the salmon.
4. And finally, season salmon with salt, pepper and paprika (or Cajun seasoning) and transfer to the oven.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes. It’s hard to say a precise cooking time, because it all depends on the thickness of your salmon. So, check it after 10 minutes in the oven. If it’s not done cook for more 3 or 5 minutes.
6. Salmon is done when it gets at the minimum internal temperature of 145˚F. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. You also know if it’s ready when the salmon flakes easily with a fork. Before serving top with some fresh parsley.
More other ways to cook salmon:
- Easy Salmon Salad Recipe
- Easy Cedar Plank Salmon Recipe
- Spicy Salmon Sweet Potato Skillet
- Low-Carb Salmon Burgers with Avocado Coleslaw
- Spicy Salmon Vegetable Meal-Prep Bowls
- 4-Ingredient Pomegranate Glazed Salmon
- Spicy Butter Salmon in Foil Recipe
- Foil Baked Salmon Recipe
How to Cook Salmon in the Oven
- 3 medium skin-on salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Fresh parsley to garnish — chopped
Preheat the oven to 375°Place a rack in the middle of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or just use a cast iron skillet.
Remove salmon from the fridge and pat the salmon fillets with a paper towel.
Season with salt, pepper and paprika (or Cajun seasonin and transfer to the oven.
Bake for 10-15 minutes. Time depends on the thickness of your salmon. So, check it after 10 minutes in the oven.
Salmon is done when it gets at the minimum internal temperature of 145˚F. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. You also know if it’s ready when the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/3) — Calories: 283, Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 79mg, Sodium: 451mg, Potassium: 719mg, Protein: 28g
If you make this recipe, follow @primaverakitchen on Instagram, snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I'd love to see what you're making!