This Italian Turkey & Brussels Sprouts Meatloaf is made healthier by using extra-lean Italian Turkey and shredded brussels sprouts. It is also very moisture and flavourful.
My mom always worked a lot even when we are very little and this is one of the reasons why she didn’t cook much during the week. However, on the weekends it was very different. She used to spend the entire Sunday in the kitchen cooking and preparing food for the week. Now I see myself doing the same for my family. My husband spends his Sunday mornings with our little baby boy while I prepare meals for the week. I like to cook ahead of time because I find it hard to cook when you have to take care of a seven weeks old baby at the same time. Sometimes when my husband comes home at 4pm or 4:30pm I cook our dinner fresh because he stays with the baby.
This meatloaf was a recipe that I made on the weekend and I thawed it out for dinner. This meatloaf recipe is healthier than other meatloaf recipes you will find online because I used extra-lean ground turkey, gluten-free breadcrumbs and chopped brussels sprouts. I love to add veggies whenever I can like in my meatballs recipe because they optimize the vitamins and nutrients you need in your body. Also, when we add shredded veggies such brussels sprouts and zucchini, your meatloaf will be more moist.
You may think this recipe doesn’t sound very exciting because I made healthy choice ingredients, but actually you are going to be surprise how flavorful it is. This meatloaf recipe is also protein-packed, iron-rich and very easy to make. The tomato sauce on top is also healthy because it is homemade, which means there is no preservatives and very little sugar. So, you really should give this healthy meatloaf a try. Ah I almost forget to say that it goes really well with roasted green beans or roasted asparagus or simply with a delicious green salad. Enjoy!
Italian Turkey & Brussels Sprouts Meatloaf
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground turkey
- ½ medium onion — grated
- 2 garlic cloves — minced
- ½ cup grated brussels spouts
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup homemade marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a food processor add the brussels sprouts and chop.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, onion, garlic, brussels sprouts, panko, egg, soy sauce, oregano, pepper, red pepper flakes and salt. Stir to combine very well.
- Form the turkey mixture into a rectangle shape on the prepared baking sheet.
- Add the tomato sauce on the top and sides of the meatloaf.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
- Before serving cut the meatloaf into ½-inch slices.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1/6) — Calories: 136, Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 64mg, Sodium: 645mg, Carbohydrates: 9g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Protein: 18g
If you make this recipe, please don't forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #primaverakitchen. I really want to see!
If you like Italian Turkey and Brussels Sprouts Meatloaf recipe, please share with your friends and family. Do you wanna taste more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Primavera Kitchen on Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram and Facebook for all delicious recipes updates. As always, you are really appreciated for stopping by.
More Ground Turkey Recipes!